How About Red?

Thorondor

Jagged Alliance Back In Action

Increase your Jagged Alliance tactical palette with Shades of Red. This DLC for Back In Action offers over an hour of action-packed play time.

Backdrop:

The threat of a nuclear disaster has never been greater! The nefarious terrorist Ante Silevic has captured an atomic weapon and plans to attack a meeting of the world leaders in Eastern Europe. Three hardened mercenaries are our only hope to save the world from total chaos. Ivan Dolvic, Kyle 'Shadow' Simmons and Cynthia 'Fox' Guzzman must infiltrate the enemy base deep in the woods and put a stop to his activities. But in an unfortunate turn of events, Fox is captured by Silevic's henchmen before the mission even starts. Can you manage to free Fox, complete the mission and save the world?

Based on the Jagged-Alliance novel 'Shades of Red' by I.M. Wong this add-on content is now available through major digital retail outlets such as Steam or GamersGate.

There's also word of patch 1.13 for the game that came out, mainly aiming to address the following: "line of sight/fog of war, sector inventory, militia." For a full list of fixes and additions see the official announcement here.

I finally took it off my hard drive when I realized there really wasn't much actual strategy to a game that one fellow could beat in 5 minutes of play by beelining to the queen's chambers and offing her in a suicide run. I never played the genre before and was surprised how formulaic and one-dimensional it was. I expected a real campaign and instead got a top down shooter.

Fallout 1 & 2 could be beat in 15 minutes - yet nobody complains .... Morrowind also could get finished very fast... Temple of Elemental Evil could be finished in 5 minutes if you were doing the evil way.... so I don't get it - if some one wants to finish the game in 5 minutes it's his problem.