A Quick Visual

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!

I was already doing it. Here's a few more images of the Alien Mothership and the new alien right at the beginning of the footage, and a glimpse of what looks like an Ethereal on the background but I can't seem to upload pics?

Phenomenal captures... Is that a man using psionics in no. 9?

I'm sure he's one of the good guys, but he doesn't seem to be wearing XCOM armour, so maybe not. I'm less sure now. My mind is as changeable as my underwear at present.

Amazing screen-cap of the sectoids tied up - that ties in with their story in Apocalypse a little bit. Perhaps we're going to free them from their Ethereal masters and stop them from becoming a delicacy at mealtimes as well as just footsoldiers, or perhaps they'll turn out to be mutated human embryos - who knows. All I know is that I'm glad they're delving deeper into the backstory :)

I love the launch ramp for the interceptors, I love the farmhouse shot especially since it's pretty iconic to the whole abduction malarkey (part of a longer cattle abduction clip maybe? ;)) and I love the bti where they're rapelling down into what looks liek an alien base - perhaps the start of the second phase of an alien base mission, assuming they're still two-parters that allow you to catch your breath.

@Hobbes - permissions in this forum were set incorrectly so you should now be able to upload things.

Amazing screen-cap of the sectoids tied up - that ties in with their story in Apocalypse a little bit. Perhaps we're going to free them from their Ethereal masters and stop them from becoming a delicacy at mealtimes as well as just footsoldiers, or perhaps they'll turn out to be mutated human embryos - who knows. All I know is that I'm glad they're delving deeper into the backstory smile.png

@Hobbes - permissions in this forum were set incorrectly so you should now be able to upload things.

Thanks Pete - here's a few more images not included on Thorondor's post of the Mothership and the new Alien Terminator or whatever THAT is (somehow also reminds me of Enforcer - and there was a mention that in one of the demos a robot could be included in the team during for the final missions).

Regarding the trailer, anyone else got the idea that they are indirectly answering some of our unanswered questions? ;)

post-503-0-51347500-1338899638_thumb.png

post-503-0-66972400-1338899731_thumb.png

post-503-0-22107500-1338899756_thumb.png

Regarding the trailer, anyone else got the idea that they are indirectly answering some of our unanswered questions? wink.png

You cou;ld have taken some hi-res shots :P;)

Yes - I asked about relationships and those sectoid slaves link in to that :)

You cou;ld have taken some hi-res shots tongue.pngwink.png

Yes - I asked about relationships and those sectoid slaves link in to that smile.png

PrintScreen did the job... ;)

I mean, about the questions I remember that there were several left unanswered/unasked like the Game Over conditions, base defense, alien base assault and with the trailer we get a glimpse of all of those.

I meant you didn't seem to be watching the vid in the highest resolution when you took those shots was all :)

Oh those, well they wouldn't answer those anyway - they want us to have some fun and sense of discovery after all :D

It put me in mind of T'Leth actually, given that they've made it look so enormous, but I'm pretty sure they won't be doing Terror from the Deep as a sequel given how divided folks are on that one.

I'm just wondering now if all the other UFOs are coming out of this, or else if it's a Battleship then it'd going to make a mess when it touches down.

It put me in mind of T'Leth actually, given that they've made it look so enormous, but I'm pretty sure they won't be doing Terror from the Deep as a sequel given how divided folks are on that one.

T;leth is bigger :P and I would ask them pretty please and keep poking them until they do TFTD :P

I guess that everyone is afraid of a thought of new Tentaculats :P giving that new Crysalids are even more nastier - jump 2 floors high ? Come on.

The jury's still out on the increased animalistic alien behaviours. The Mutons sort of work as big ape-like creatures, but it's a tad weird to have Sectoids skitter around like monkeys of some kind. Might be more realistic that way, though, given those big heads must be really heavy to be carried around on two flimsy limbs only. wink.png

Sid Meier at work. Jake Solomon just revealed that previously the Sectoids just appeared too much like kids (and we'd be shooting at them - a No-No in the games industry). That's how they became more feral.

A low-grav origin sort of makes sense.

Sectoids never quite looked like kids to me, but at any rate, in the original game all the aliens had pretty much the same straight gait. I guess the monkey-like movement is alright: can't really picture them moving as if strolling in the park in the new game.

A low-grav origin sort of makes sense.

Sectoids never quite looked like kids to me, but at any rate, in the original game all the aliens had pretty much the same straight gait. I guess the monkey-like movement is alright: can't really picture them moving as if strolling in the park in the new game.

Actually I wrote a paper for college once where I argued that the typical Sectoid/Grey invoke rather the face of a human embryo/fetus. Which can be more disturbing than shooting at kid-like figures, if you consider (that I mentioned in the paper) then that we (the public) are having incidents/ allucinations/dreams/images of our own embryos abducting, conducting experiments and being evil/mysterious/obscure...

Bah, to think that there are people who say that school and games don't blend well...

Those people belong to an older world. Videogames are pretty much an established medium nowadays like cinema or books. It may not have the 'seriousness' of classical music but they can touch very complex themes.

• 1 month later...