A Quick Visual

Maybe the whole burst, if it hits 100%, does 5 points of damage.

That's what I think. They should be using a more general descriptor ('attack' rather than 'shot' perhaps?) but it might very well be per shot, I wouldn't expect Sectoids to stand up to LMG fire any better than humans.

Seems the Sectoids are really feeling the weight of their heads this time around. :)

I'm kinda worried the guy only has 61% to-hit against one of the aliens so close. Maybe it's because of the target's cover? Or maybe the LMG has some kind of ingrained auto shot?

I hope they don't make me miss shot variety: I know the move-action system changes things, but there IS still room for two shot types: aimed and auto. Auto was generally the desperate answer in close quarters, when you weren't sure a single shot would take the enemy down.

Imagine this - rookie - laser rifle 50 accuracy - 1 square away from sectoid - his chance to hit is ?????? you auto shot - all shots miss or sectoid armor absorbs all damage.... What do you do?

Imagine this - rookie - laser rifle 50 accuracy - 1 square away from sectoid - his chance to hit is ?????? you auto shot - all shots miss or sectoid armor absorbs all damage.... What do you do?

Hopefully I'd have a buddy nearby to save his ass. Otherwise it's bye bye, Jimmy.

Or fire another round :((I never did say he run out out of TU :( ). But my point was that this rookie would have like 45% to hit being only 1 square near the enemy.... and the randomness of the game could make him either super soldier of doom..... or a true x-com roookie.

Even if fallout you had like 95% max to hit and if dice god farted on you you could miss 2-3 turns in a row and additionally hurt yourself or something - bah I even had like -12% to hit but I always hit :)

Who knows. Maybe the whole burst, if it hits 100%, does 5 points of damage. Or maybe it fires, say, three rounds (like in the old games) and each one has a chance to deal up to 5 damage.

Judging by the screen if our soldier has max 6HP that means 5 damage per whole burst is possible - and that is a lot then

That's what I think. They should be using a more general descriptor ('attack' rather than 'shot' perhaps?) but it might very well be per shot, I wouldn't expect Sectoids to stand up to LMG fire any better than humans.

But humans have armor.

But humans have armor.

Exactly. He's saying that if you fire a burst at a Sectoid, it's not unreasonable for each shot in that burst to nearly kill a Sectoid. If you fire a burst of, say, three bullets, and they all hit, the Sectoid should be dead.

Though for all we know the devs really do mean the gun fires a single bullet when you give the order. But with automatic weapons that idea really is a bit silly.

Or fire another round :)(I never did say he run out out of TU :(

Not quite.. remember that in this remake there will be no TU's but action points instead. And you can either move-shoot or move-move. Shoot-shoot is also possible, but only after you get the perk. Rookies are perkless =(

One more pic:

https://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/f...80watermark.jpg

The hole looks quite.. square.. so i believe that the enviromental destruction mechanic will be tile based, just like in the original tirlogy.

Also, on the Geoscape screenshot. The year is 2015

But humans have armor.

If you manage to survive long enough and research, then yes the hairless apes will have armor.

Otherwise I'm hoping that at the beginning of the game the apes will have nothing than their military uniforms. :)... i wouldn't call it 'armor'....

If it's anything like the first game, the starting armour will be light-weight stuff that was never intended for protection against the fourth state of matter.

You can get around hot-link protection by manually copy'n'pasting image addresses into a new tab/window.

Nah I hope those uniforms will have a slight chance of surviving full barrage from Heavy Plasma.... One of your favourite WTF moments.

Another WTF moment - when you have soldiers lined up and the alien kills 2 or 3 in the same autoshot - or even better, they could simply have the plasma burn through a soldier's body and still have enough force to kill the guy behind it...

Interesting!

I bet that prickly bot is a Cyberdisc. I'm pretty sure its main body is a partially-complete disc on its side, as opposed to laying "flat" as the old incarnation.

According to the threat icons there are 3(?) aliens on that picture. You explanation for a Cyberdisk would have it moving around laying down and then raising its 'underbelly' to fire. I like the idea, but to me the Cyberdisk is behind the prickly thing (check pic) and somehow it seems too small to turn into the prickly thing. Now, the third alien seems to be a green 'ghost' of some sort (on the right on the prickly thing). I wonder what it will do...

I'll bet all the money that I don't have that the Ethereals are finally living up to their name :)

I think someone already mentioned on the official forums the possibility that the sets of bars over the arrow that points to the units represent a unit's health. which if it is true means that 'Ethereal' might be a little too unhealthy for what we are used to...

Notice also that the ''shield' that should represent the actions left for each unit (full = 2 actions, half = 1, the colors must mean something about its status) is missing - most likely the soldiers are unable to determine much information about the 'ghost'