Random junk found online

Azrael Strife

How to deal with crazed lunatics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQlgYFsLLsM

Nightie night! lazy3.gif

Reminds me of an early Neal Peart from Rush. This gal will go places. cool.png

Warning, foul language in play. I sort of also don't understand this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ

Yeah, I don't understand some of his objections either. The reason to tip a waiter/waitress is because they typically make way below minimum wage (mostly due to high turnover rate for employee positions), the tips are to make up the difference. Good waiters and waitresses will earn more than minimum wage because they did a good job which is a reward. Bad ones will probably quit. Tips normally go to the person waiting the table, but in some restaurants tip money is pooled and split evenly among those working at the end of the night (kinda defeats the purpose of rewarding the good ones doesn't it?), but it does promote goodwill and teamwork between the waitstaff. The other reason to tip is because of the service offered (when sitting down to a fancy dinner, are you really going to get up after each course, return your plate/utensils and get another plate of something else? How about coffee? Want to get that yourself? How about a handful of napkins because you are a messy eater)? Waiters and waitresses do this as a service to you so you can focus on enjoying your meal, not getting up every other minute. Good waitstaff will also make your meal more enjoyable by tending to your every need no matter how trivial or menial it may be. They take a lot of bs every night from ornery patrons who want everything their way no matter what, and do it with a smile, not a baseball bat across the head. wink.png

That said, you aren't required to tip at most places with a open tipping policy. If you feel the waiter or waitress didn't do a good job, or the food wasn't as good as you hoped, or they had a crooked smile, or basically any reason you can fabricate to justify it, you don't have to. But it's a nice gesture, and better idea to tip more than the minimum for exceptional service. If you are worried about spit in your food for retaliation for not tipping the time before, maybe you shouldn't be eating there again? Besides, that's against the law and the restaurant could get put out of business for employees who do that. The new thing these days in terms of tipping is the better restaurants are sometimes now tacking on a flat "gratuity" charge at the end of your bill, no matter the service. You can still tip waitstaff directly (depends on policy), but it's not required due to the gratuity. popcorn.gif

Cab drivers are iffy. There are some crooked ones out there who will literally take you for a ride whether you like it or not (prey on ignorance). Good ones though, I don't see a problem with giving them something extra for getting you to your destination without the annoyance of traffic getting on your nerves. Uber drivers seem to be a good bunch too. Don't want to tip a valet? No problem! Park 3 blocks away and walk back in the wind and snow yourself. But your wife is gonna kill you. You have been warned. Want your pizza to arrive hot, on time and right to your front door? Pizza delivery drivers battle traffic, weather and possible speeding tickets to get your pizza to you in a timely fashion in their own car. Tips help pay for car maintenance and hassle. The employers sometimes don't tack on a delivery charge to keep costs low.

All these tips are for a service (and convenience) offered. You aren't obligated in some circumstances as you can get around the tip by doing the service yourself, but there isn't any convenience associated with it anymore. That's why you tip.

Finally, I do delivery for my job sometimes (not pizza or food thankfully). We don't expect a tip, but it certainly is a nice thing to do when we are battling the traffic and weather to get something to you safely. A lot of times I will take a delivery at the end of the day when I'm already off the clock, if it's on the way home... in my personal vehicle. And I still don't expect a tip for that (although my job does charge for delivery so it's a little bit different from a pizza driver - I do get to keep the delivery charge as I'm doing my job and the customer a favor). wink.png

- Zombie

Pizza delivery drivers battle traffic, weather and possible speeding tickets to get your pizza to you in a timely fashion in their own car. Tips help pay for car maintenance and hassle. The employers sometimes don't tack on a delivery charge to keep costs low.

Many deliveries here in Poland at least have some delivery cost. Mostly it is something between 3-5 zlotych ~(0.8-1.2 EUR) so basically this should count as the tip for the driver.