How to Change T'leth Final Mission to Steam beta version

talon

I hate the 3rd section of the T'leth. What happened to the pacing. It stops being exciting and becomes a LOOONNNGGG boring walk. And No Save. Argghhhhh

I saw on one of the Lets plays that the steam version is very different. Its short trip to the final room. But there lots of aliens around so it works.

I

I'm sure I read somewhere there was a "cheat" in the final version that lets you blow through a wall from the start point to near the final room?

I'm reasonably sure I took that route at least once, but it was a decade ago or so.

*feels old*

i think the walls impossible to break, i used lots of DPL explosions but the walls stay solid

, you can blow open the 1 space wide passages to make room for you tanks but not the main walls

the lets play stated that it was because of the steam beta version that it had the alternate final map

any suggestions

• 2 weeks later...

It's not possible to blow through the walls.

Never heard of a Steam "beta" version.

"Let's Plays" are done by regular guys, there's no reason to expect the authors to know any more about the game then you do. If they reckon the modified map is due to Steam, then my bet is they're plain wrong - odds are they're using XcomUtil.

• 1 year later...
If you're talking about the GuavaMoment LP (which is excellent to watch!), he takes short cuts through some of the earlier levels of T'Leth by breaching some walls (with Magna-packs) to avoid having to spiral around the whole level. GuavaMoment states that the abbreviated final level is due to it being a beta version distributed on Steam, but he is definitely using XComUtil, so that's a plausible alternative explanation. (And the Magna-packs may have been upgraded by XComUtil).

• 3 months later...