Ship terror mission

Todeskult

Hi!

I'm playing TFTD for some time (above 350 alien subs mission done) & I've never had a ship terror mission. I remember my past plays and there were such missions (rarely but better than nothing). What to do to have one? Leave untouched an alien ship which is during its terror mission? Which one? Dreadnought, battleship? Is there a hint to have such ship terror missions?

Apart from the ones created by the "Surface Attack" sub scouting waves (which any sub can go on), the game generally automatically schedules a terror site event to happen each month. These appear instantly without having to have a terror ship go to them.

At the time they are created, the game randomly decides between port/island, ship missions and (in the mid to late game) artefact sites. I also think there's a chance for it to not schedule anything as well.

What I might suggest is saving before the end of the month and quickly run through the first couple of days of the next month. If one isn't created, or it's not the type you're after, reload and try again until you get the type you are after. I went and tried it myself a couple of times in a late-game save. I managed to get two shipping lane missions in a row, nothing, and finally an artefact site.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...
I'm playing TFTD for some time (above 350 alien subs mission done) & I've never had a ship terror mission.
350!!! Then you are playing in 2042 at least...

But this is almost unbelievable. I guess no one has ever been betrayed by a video game randomizer the way you've been. Now this is one of the many points where the re-load function helps. Save the game at the end of month (circa 23:00). Okay the monthly report and turn the watch until 1:00. That is the point where the shipping route or alien activity message may show up. If it shows, save the game and send a triton to the terror site to see who are the enemy. If you don't like them (for example lobster man or tasoth), you can reload the 23:00 save, if you like them (gill man or aquatoid), reload the 1:05 save. You must not do one thing: save at 0:05, get a terror site or artefact site and reload the 0:05 save, because the second time the site isn't indicated and you get a -1000 or -2000 score as if you ignored the aliens.

And there is another bug. While you do these reloads, the game forgets to reset the site counter and you may get for example "Artefact Site-10" for your first artefact site if you reloaded an alien activity mission ten times. This probably happens to shipping route missions as well. This can be solved by the abandon game function and reload from the main menu.

And we wish to see whether you succeeded.