Aliens: Colonial Marines

Going by the various downfalls mentioned in various reviews, we hope they can fix the vast array of problems. Speculation surrounding an 8GB patch makes us wonder if this will be basically replacing the whole game.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised really. I don't think demo movies were being tinkered with, it would be a huge undertaking. So there should be a version with everything enabled somewhere. Been wrong before though.

All so incredibly true.

I can't believe I listened through the whole of 20 minutes and not skipping at least 4/5 of the vid as I normally would.

Preorder never gets you anything you would actually need or want, and lately it is not even cheaper! Not at all, on the contrary! Ok, I'll live through the fact that I preordered XCOM and then it was sold at almost half the price two weeks later. Preorder rant mostly goes for Kickstarter and the likes, too. Mostly, as there the game is actually cheaper than it normally would be at release, so if there is a premise of a great game with a respectable developer, I might get suckered in. Perhaps the risk of the game never coming out at all is greater, but frankly I don't see much difference between a game that sucks and no game at all. At least no game means no time thrown away and far less nerves lost in vain.

Than again, that same game will cost as much or less than on Kickstarter in a matter of weeks, so I do hope I'll NOT get suckered in.

Preorder is cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, Aliens Colonial Marines was my first and also last time I preorder something; it's just that I'm such a huge fan of the original Aliens movie, and this game looked like everything I always wanted in an Aliens game, so I couldn't help myself, I felt like such an idiot after reading the first reviews :blush: