Racist Questions

Alienated

One thing i dont like in TFTD is the fact that u find always the same kind of alien in colony (Tasoth in "surface", Loberman in lower level)...
I am completely with you. But let me correct you: an alien colony has mixed race outside and Lobster Man inside, an artefact site has mixed race outside and inside. Mixed race can be found on ship rescue missions even early in the game, and they do terror missions with subs too later in the game. I suppose the mixed race is the substitute of the fifth race in EU. However, this is worth some discussion.

Has anybody heard about a Muton + Ethereal mission?

Doesn't happen. A while back, Seb posted the distribution of aliens as the game advances.

The second question: is it possible that the usual staff of alien colonies is cemented by a bug?

I'm doubting it, as you require not one but two Lobsterman Commanders in order to win the game. No other race will do. I suspect the goal was to make base offense missions hard, and to stop people "harvesting" from bases as they'd sometimes do in UFO (eg, find a Floater base, then do smash'n'grab attacks for points and loot).

The other thing is that the UFOpaedia says Triscene is with the Lobster Man but the two is never together really.

Why the hell did they create this alien if it is so rare (by error)?

They become quite common in late-game shipping missions. Xarquid, on the other hand, tend to appear just once or twice per campaign.

Seb's study doesn't discuss the members of a race. At least it is clear that there isn't a race called Mixed in EU, however, I still can imagine a Muton Battleship or base with Ethereal commanders and leaders.

You can collect Lobster Man commanders from Dreadnought crews too, you don't have to attack a colony for that.

However, now I realise the game keeps track of the race of a colony because the colony supply missions have it properly. Maybe the misson editor addresses wrong variables instead of the race of colony flag when you attack a colony.

Xarquid is quite common. Everytime you down a Gill Man battleship (common for Gill Man surface attacks), you meet them. You meet them with mixed race also. You meet Triscenes with the mixed race only.

Mixed races never occur on Earth in EU. Once you get to the 2nd level of Cydonia there are Ethereals mixed with various terror units. But two primary races (ie not terror units) like Ethereals and Mutons are never, ever on the same level together.

Well, my experience also tells me this but what if somebody has met Mutons with Ethereal leaders and commander? How do you know? I suppose you know by experience. How the longest have you played Enemy Unknown in game time? 2000? 2001? Or the time of TFTD, 2040? The game can be easily beaten in 1999, and average players do that, even the beginners.

If the Ethereal-Muton configuration doesn't even exist on rumour level, then it probably doesn't exist at all. But I still wait for rumours. Or for a clear study of reverse engineering telling it is impossible on the PSX version.