Amnesia: The Dark Descent

FullAuto

I set a new swears per minute record playing this, Slaughter. It really was wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap territory. Every other word was filth and/or blasphemy, and I must glumly conclude that my nerve broke and I threw a chair (my only weapon) at nothing at all and fled, but quite frankly I am too shit-scared to go and check.

In case it is waiting for me.

Penumbra was pretty bloody frightening, this is more so.

I haven't even encountered any enemies yet.

I'm glad there's no one here to see me gibber with fear, because it would do irretrievable damage to my self-respect. Amnesia is one of the few games around where it is actually dark. Quite often, games in the dark just use darker colours, you can see perfectly fine. Not here. It's pitch bloody black, and you need to take advantage of light sources to find your way around, use tinder boxes to light fires and candles and lamps, and find oil for your own lamp.

Which is prone to running out at the best (worst) moments. It doesn't help that the audio is designed perfectly, scaring the shit out of you in conjunction with the environment.

Finest horror game in years.

I have enjoyed Amnesia more then PC version of Call of Cuthlu (or whatever is called) which I never ended because it went boring later on.

And playing during day time is pointless and removes the atmosphere by some degree.

Hope you will endure to the end. Well worth the time.