TFTD Multiplayer Story

Grossbeer

Wow nice work NKF! Glad u could do it and 8 Troops is nothing. i would even have rejoiced if u lost 29 ^^

a really nice tactical operation! And nice writing style too, it was really exciting reading thru it!

At one time i feared that some modules are too damaged so they will vanish in the geascape part... is that even a thing? is that possible that, if u blow up too many.. walls of a module, that it is considered destroyed?

Too bad we only have sonic blaster tho. lobbies will be tough now. i so hope we will get a calcinite mission soon, we need drills badly!

greez

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the original UFO, blowing up certain parts of a module will indeed destroy it. However, these are all on the upper levels, and you've gotta take 'em all out; it's really not gonna happen unless you make it happen.

I haven't documented the relevant tiles in TFTD, though a quick check in MapView shows me that it's much the same setup. All the tiles flagged as "important" are on the upper floors where no one ever goes. I assume if you blow them all up you'll lose the module, though I haven't specifically tested it.

Re the navigator, I can't seem to find any mention of that being a requirement for, well, anything at all?

And yes Vet, I did see what was coming in that save, but didn't want to spoil the surprise for you. :laugh:

And yes Vet, I did see what was coming in that save, but didn't want to spoil the surprise for you. :oh:

Yeah thanks for that, think I may have put this off for a few years if I'd known what it was in advance haha

Still it's over now so I can relax for another rotation. Just pleeeease someone get me a normal mission next time. Another one with Gillmen would be nice... And I want to be underwater with torp launchers and cannons. YEah baby, that'd be nice :laugh:

Ooh and remember folks we're nearing the end of the month which means MC training is coming up. Who are we going to assign for it? The best troops we have? Worst troops we have? Or names out of a hat?

Dang it - that's the mission I originally wanted before the Lobsters pre-empted with the base attack! I know it's all random, but it almost made it look like the Lobstermen were really angry to have swarmed the Triton from the start. But great job for weathering that.

Those Biodrones are tough nuts aren't they? Not as difficult to shoot down as the Lobstermen, but when they shoot back or just the simple fact that they can explode make it never a nice experience to meet with one. When we get drills, the close encounters engagement anxieties with them will be all gone.

re: Navigator, the Lobsterman Navigator can be used in the end-game research. It can substitute for the first Commander to get The Ultimate Threat after we get Alien Origins out of the way. This means our job has been made simpler, and all we need now is a Commander. After we get the Manta and finish TUT, the commander will kill two birds with one stone.

re: Candidates for MC - I don't mind how we go, but since I was hoping to rotate the active troops with fresher ones, my first thought is to let the survivors take first stab at the MC screening and we work with new rookies.

- NKF

Presumably the head doesn't have a protection value like other parts of the body do. In that case we can assume that it's treated as a diving helmet and not an armoured one which explains it's absence on land...

And NKF, I wish you'd got it too lol I'm really not over the moon with my luck in drawing missions so far :laugh: Though I'm happier to have done that mission than your base defence I guess!

This is TFTD. It is supposed to makes UFO look like a walk in the park. :oh:

But yeesh - 3 biggies in a row? I think this is why it's happening:

Every month the game seems to schedule something big, i.e. a terror site, artefact site, etc. The Veteran's terror site was probably what was scheduled for the month. The same with Crazy Photon's since the game is in a new month. The base attack I did may have been in response due to a recent shoot-down.

See, for every USO shot down, there's a 2% chance that the game will initiate an instant base attack against the home-base of the sub that shot the USO down. That is to say the usual step of sending waves of scouts to find the base is bypassed entirely. It's like they're playing their "Go directly to the base, do not recon, do not collect 200 Zrbite" card. :laugh:

- NKF

God damn man this is crayzee sheet!!! I'm getting happier and happier about drawing the card I did though lol. An Island attack will always be better than a base defence and waaaay better than a shipping route! Trust me I was there, I died lol

It was bad enough when it was gillmen so honestly I dread to think what we'll see now. Maybe it's time to meet Calcinites? That might be fun...

Good luck CP, we're going to need it :laugh: Oh and where have I gone from the roster. I finally survived a mission and got me some kills and I've disappeared from the training list :o You could have at least got me all MC trained up for my next outing lol

I'm thinking we may have skipped over Calcinites. I gather they're supposed to show up with the Aquatoids on land, and we never saw much of those. I think they'll show up in the late game anyway if we keep at it long enough but I'm not sure we'll be dawdling much.

Oh and where have I gone from the roster. I finally survived a mission and got me some kills and I've disappeared from the training list :o You could have at least got me all MC trained up for my next outing lol

Oh, looks like I missed you on the MC training screenshot, had assumed there was 15 soldiers per page when there were only 13 per page. You are actually drafted for MC training, so don't worry.

i dont wanna sound like a smartass but we should have stocked up on aquanauts to 50 so we can leave 20 at base while training. now we will have troops dying because we need them in action. One month is long and i bet we will have a maximum of 8 soldiers with mc training. we REALLY should stock up to 50 awas this month. just sayin

greez

I propose the extra 20 aquanauts get stationed at the second base. My reasoning is that I'd like to have a backup to counter the worst-case scenario of HQ getting attacked again and we end up losing.

Perhaps we should shift the MC screening duties there as well over the coming months? We're using the main base for our assaults so we want an active pool of aquanauts to draw from. Those in the backup base won't see as much action. Plus it will help reduce the size of HQ.

- NKF

Photon are you serious dude :o A perfect first stage on a shipping mission is unreal! Excellent work that man!!! And look at me still alive and kicking arse :laugh: Where's you though? If I'm going to fight I'd like it to be alongside my colleagues :oh:

Good luck with part 2, if it goes as well as the first part it'll be the best in the game so far! I think you're 6 deaths ahead of my score so far and you're fighting lobbies whereas I only got Gillmen :P

Brilliant work on that one CP! That's possibly one of the highest scoring missions yet, or at least ranks amongst them. One thing you have to hand to the two-parters, they're quite rewarding on the mission points.

I note we're starting to see a few regular names pop up among the lineup from the random troops.

- NKF

I hate you I hate you I hate you you swine :oh: 39 enemies with 1 loss! That's got nothing to do with the armour man, what a result! Congrats on a su-frigging-perb mission! Can we get some new commanders who are crap at this game so I can stop feeling so bad about my missions by comparison lol

Thanks for the promotion too dude and keeping me alive :laugh: Whoever goes next, feel free to take me along but if you let me die I will hunt you down! I've not survived a single mission up to this point and now I've made it through 2, with a healthy no. of kills too I imagine. I know I racked up a good few on that last one I did so any here are a bonus!

So who is next anyway? I'm guessing they'll have a pretty easy mission what with a base defence and 2 terror missions just having passed! Gotta be a USO I'd imagine, but how big will it be?! Does anyone know when the artefact sites start appearing? Ooh and when do we research DPTs? I want to give myself one in future missions if I stay alive till the next rotation. Death from afar suits me just fine haha

Just wow. One death - you made Veteran more jelous :oh: My 1 man lost gilman supply cruiser mission just sank :laugh:

I will make my turn tomorrow morning - it is Friday today so I have meeting with friends.

To top that I think I will have to do a suicide mission (guess what I am planning to do, well considering for start)

whoa there, we aren't ready to take on the colony yet mate so don't even think about it! We need torp launchers and a full squad of good troops with cannons at the very least. A month of MC training and some way to put it to good use would also be nice before we go diving in there.

And for what it's worth I think we should treat the colonies as an annihilate mission rather than a synomium device assassination attempt. That was always the cowards way to do it and realistically they're going to be able to repair it without any problems. It's like them attacking our base, blowing up the reception desk and us shutting down operations...