Capturing aliens

bevan

why when i capture aliens they dont appear in the research thing or the alien containment, i finish missions with ko'd aliens it says i knocked them out in the debreifing screen, but they dont appear.

i can just picture the XCOM soldiers having a smoke at the end of the mission talkin to a lobsterman *yeah see you next week bill* and the lobsterman walking off rubbing his arm and gives a wave

First thing you want to check is how many aliens you have in storage. Okay, so that's not exactly a very easy thing to do. The only solution is to research them all to find out how many you had. (On second thought, you might be able to count them when transferring live aliens between bases, as they're listed individually, if I remember correctly)

You might just have an excess number of lobstermen soldiers or lobstermen of any other rank, so there's no more room for the new alien's you're trying to bring in.

Clear out all the redundant lobstermen, and any other aliens for that matter before you go and capture another.

I believe you can also transfer live aliens between containment units in different bases. You could try making a bit more space this way by temporarily moving unnecessary aliens out.

Or is this not the case and you're not getting the aliens at all, even with a brand new empty containment unit?

- NKF

edit: Also, sometimes aliens you've already researched may not appear on the to-research list. The Deep-Ones sometimes do that and don't reappear after you've researched one.

Another possible reason for the absence of the prisoner is that he has nothing new to reveal that you haven't already discovered. In that case the alien will just disappear and the day after the base mess hall will be serving a stew with some ingredients that noone seems to know what is.

At least it works that way in UFO so I'm assuming it also does in TFTD.

first of all i have no aliens in my Alien Containment, a beutiful base raid went down and i captured 2 lobby commanders and a lobby navigator (and a few more pointless ones), the navigator was the only one i had researched, and no aliens showed up in my containment.

Hmm, odd that.

Could you zip up that savegame in particular and send it to one of us, or upload it somewhere where we could download it? This is just so that some of us can fiddle around with the savegame and see if we can find out what's wrong with it.

It would be nice if you had one just before you ended the mission where you captured the lobstermen, though it's not really necessary.

- NKF

Were you trying to assign more than 255 scientists to a project? Or did this just happen spontaneously for no apparent reason? I often find that I have missing personnel, equipment and stat improvements after the occasional game glitch.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...
To ensure that I don't get too many scientist, or techs, I build 4 labs, workshops, and then build, for the labs, 5 living quarters, and only 4 living for the base with workshops. I can hire 200 scientists, and 190 techs easily, and I have no problems with that arrangement. Besides, I need hangers, etc. for the two bases because they are multi-purpose bases. Well, actually dual purpose. I figure research should happen in one base, and then the second I build should go for building stuff.