Alien race,which spawn every month - what depend to it?

Alexchamp

Every 1-st day of Month spawn 2 new missions with two new races. What affect to new spawned races? Is it score of previous month? If iit's right, whant number of score we have need to spawn lobstermans?

What is probability to spawn lobstermens if conditions to their spawn is perform ?

I can see in my previous game lobstermans in 19 February!!!! :cool: What criteria to affect to spawn lobstermans?

And already what probability to spawn aquatoids in april-jule ? And can I to affect to spawn their? They are very very need because in my 4-th game I haven't seen calcinites (mission floating base attack with aquatoids is activated, but they didn't find my base and I can't see calcinites)

My Very Thank in advance

Well, nobody knows, exactly, but some factors are known.

Difficulty.

Score.

How much you've ticked off the aliens.

Remixes at the start of every month, and if you don't like it, you can reboot from the end of the previous month.

Also, from the sound of things, it might be worth switching over to the first X-Com or a lower difficulty if you're less than 300K from the poorhouse within the first couple of months.

Please don't use all upper case in the thread titles, it hurts the eyes and makes the spam warning sirens go off in my office ever 5 minutes, thank you.

Ok. I am so sorry thai it happens. I didn't khow this rule. But I can't edit thread titles to change upper case

Sorry, but I don't believe. Anybody knows exactly or can know it.

At this point, I think everyone that DOES know exactly what causes it are unconcerned with it. I mean, I'm not even sure if the orginal coders are even aware the games are still alive. :cool:

I play this game without reboots, bacause I want to predict at future this moment

I'm losing something in translation here; but you are unwilling to reload from a previous game and instead want to know how to predict and/or influence the mechanic that decides which race attacks?

Or is it a totally different question here?

but you are unwilling to reload from a previous game and instead want to know how to predict and/or influence the mechanic that decides which race attacks?

YES!

At this point, I think everyone that DOES know exactly what causes it are unconcerned with it. I mean, I'm not even sure if the orginal coders are even aware the games are still alive.

I hope that I 'll find peoples that good know assembling. As I understand, there ame many and very good users in this forum who know assembling

Unfortunately I don't know assembling . Otherwise I'll find this information in executable by oneself and 'll tell to all than .

Anybody knows exactly or can know it.

At present, I doubt anybody knows except the original developers - and even then there's a good chance they've forgotten. I cannot recall anyone sitting down and trying to figure out this particular aspect of the game in all my years here.

I hope that I 'll find peoples that good know assembling. As I understand, there ame many and very good users in this forum who know assembling

Not many, no. Certainly I know of none interested in reading TFTD's code.

There are quite a few of us who like to test how the game handles the contents of it's datafiles, but that's different to reading executable commands.

Your best bet would be to either save/reload in order to derive the formulas through observation (testing multiple times with under various conditions, eg, score, different aliens fought during the month, etc), or to PM Seb76 and see if he's interested in working it out.

Hi guys,

In EU, the race is based off a lookup table starting at offset 0x46E53C (containing 300 entries). The table is made up of 10 entries lines. The line is chosen based on the month and stuff extracted from ACTS.DAT with a salt of randomness. I could not make anything exploitable, except that the more time advances, the farther in the table the line is taken. Once a line is selected, a random entry among the 10 is taken as the race. Xusilak should be able to find the equivalent for TFTD.

HTH,

Seb