Main Site Re-opened!

Pete

Well after much re-skinning and tinkering, the majority of the main site is back online at https://www.x-com.co.uk with a few exceptions here and there.

The exceptions are the Fan Fiction section, which requires further coding to the database, the links in the individual game sections to the Downloads section and pretty much anything that links to a file on this server.

The upside is that pretty much all of the rest is readable (though not always formatted 100% correctly)

We also have a new site PM system which ties nicely into the forum PM system so that if you're browsing the site pages or fan fiction (ahem) or whatever, you can just open up your PM system wihtout leaving the main site. Just another bit of niftyness I plugged in.

Anyone who lost their @x-com.co.uk e-mail account in the move, I apologise - please PM me your details (username@x-com.co.uk and password) and I'll set them up as soon as I can.

After the Fan Fiction is back online (hopefully with some more nifty secret coding additions) and the new downloads database is in place, I'll re-skin the forums one last time to match the main site.

A final note to all those running in 800x600 pixel vision, I will alte the main site skin to shrink to your screen sizes, but just for speed reasons I built it to look good on my monitor :) Just for a laugh, read this: Diesel Sweeties

If you've got any comments and/or suggestions whilst I'm working behind the scenes, lemme know!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm coding the fan fiction section right now. I'd like to get all the old stories back into the system to test it out first, and then we can start adding any more updates.

I'm currently inputting Andre's The Unknown Menace story which averages 80kb per chapter (without any fancy text) and it's 34 chapters long. I don't recall the other being anywhere near as long, so hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll be back up to date with it :)

I've also got to double check that the member subscription is definitely working okay too. It seems to be fine at the moment but I've only tested it with my own email address and I haven't tried to break it yet... something all good programmers should try to do before declaring anything finished :)

Anywho... nothing planned for the rest of tonihgt, so I'm working on it :(

Great to hear about the fanfic section Pete, since I'm almost finishing more chapters for Abyssal. :)

Actually the Unknown Menace is 34 chapters long plus the Addendum and the Organization description. If you need the original files or any additional help with it drop me a line.

Andre

OK, after a long wait, chapter 6 of Abyssal is ready and 7 will follow shortly! For those who want to read while Pete is finishing the fanfic section you can go here. :)

Pete you want it right away or you want me to finish 7 first? Either way I need an email address to send it...