Please help! Activate Mission - Floating base Attack

Alexchamp

Hello.

As I understand, mission Floating Attack base is activated/beginning since shotdown UFO SUB. Only here this mission is activated only in 50% cases approximately. Activating of mission Floating Attack of base it is possible to look in the file of Missions.dat or with help transmission resolver in game. If a mission was activated after shotdown UFO SUB, the survey ship will arrive exactly in 50 hours after shotdown/

Only not every succesful shotdown activates this mission. what can it depend? And that can influence on activating this mission?

why does it take place not always?

Question 2. On what missions except for attack of base and Terror do I can to find calcinites?

Question 3. On what UFO SUBs I can to find M.C. Reader. already on second battleship aliens has not M.C.Readers. At shotwning Battleship may I find M.C. Reader or not?

I will very thank for given help

1. I have not messed with missions.dat yet so I can help.

2. They also can show up on Mixed race missions.

3. M.C. Readers are a little random on if they are carried but they are common enough it should not take long to find one. (assuming you dont blow everything up)

I understood all in file Missions.dat, but in this file we can see only final result after shotdown USO - activate or not activate this mission. And formule or what affect to activating mission Floating base Attack - keep in other game files - maybe executable files ...- but I don't enough knowledge to read executable files and undestanding these

Mixed race - is a shipping route? What month can I see mixed race?

I had financial crisis in March and sell my M.C. Reader. But, when I research M.C. Lab I had M.C. Reader and sell it later. And now in April (game time) I need to find item M C reader to research it

And I ask - at what USO's can I find these?

And if you wish, I can help you to understanding Missions.dat

1. I don't have any exact answers for this except that if you do want to get the aliens to start a floating base attack then it is often accomplished by simply shooting down alien submarines as close to the base as possible and as often as possible.

2. Any mission that is not held under water with Gill-Men or Mixed crews should have Calcinites appear. Otherwise they are usually replaced with Xarquids when under water. Mixed crews usually appear later in the game after the Tasoth.

3. Zombie may have the answers for this as he a great deal of information on the equipment loadouts taken from the game executable. I might recommend trying the smaller subs.

- NKF

Hello.

As I understand, mission Floating Attack base is activated/beginning since shotdown UFO SUB. Only here this mission is activated only in 50% cases approximately. Activating of mission Floating Attack of base it is possible to look in the file of Missions.dat or with help transmission resolver in game. If a mission was activated after shotdown UFO SUB, the survey ship will arrive exactly in 50 hours after shotdown/

Only not every succesful shotdown activates this mission. what can it depend?

~50% at what difficulty level?

XCOM1 has been completely analyzed at the assembly level; it's strictly difficulty level there. I suspect at least the constants were changed around.

I sold M C Readers because was financial crisis in game. Were bad random for times to arrive uso subs. I did not have other exit. If i didn't - game was lost

Where can I get file Geoscape.exe which have info of Alien Data missions ?

AT My TFTD and EU gold versions this file is absent

At my Dos TFTD and EU this file is present but at offset 00070E70 (hex) or 462448(decimal) anything values is absent

Length of this file = 382956 bytes

Am I mistake or I need other file geoscape.exe?

Any mission that is not held under water with Gill-Men or Mixed crews should have Calcinites appear.

I don't understand. As I know Calcinites may be only with Aquatoids or Mixed crews. Am I mistakes? And calcinites nay appear in terror mission or base attack mission with lobstermans? :cool:

Where can I get file Geoscape.exe which have info of Alien Data missions ?

AT My TFTD and EU gold versions this file is absent

At my Dos TFTD and EU this file is present but at offset 00070E70 (hex) or 462448(decimal) anything values is absent

Length of this file = 382956 bytes

Am I mistake or I need other file geoscape.exe?

The DOS versions have two EXEs, "Geoscape.exe" and "Tactical.exe".

The Gold versions ("Collector's Edition", "CE", or just plain "Windows" versions) have one EXE, which is essentially "Tactical.exe" and "Geoscape.exe" mashed together into one file.

In EU I found already alien data missions. Very thank for your help what file keeps it. But I play with TFTD

As I inderstand now, needed info (alien data missions) in TFTD keeps in Terror from the deep.exe. Is it right? If yes, at what offset can I find info of alien data missions? (similarly 462448-decimal or 070E70-hex in EU)

I will very much thank for this help.VEry need

I found needed offset in Terror from the deep.exe already

This offsets is beginning at 505448 (decimal)

Can would to check in assembling code formule of time counter in TFTD?

At EU this formule - The time counter is calculated like this: time*RAND()+time/2.

Who can this possibility?

My greater rhank in advance

I don't understand. As I know Calcinites may be only with Aquatoids or Mixed crews. Am I mistakes? And calcinites nay appear in terror mission or base attack mission with lobstermans? :cool:

My apologies, you are correct about the Aquatoids. I was in a hurry to get to work when I posted my reply. For some reason I was thinking about the Deep-Ones. :(

- NKF

At executable file I saw all nuber of times to arrive all USO subs in all missions But timing to arrive beginning from second subs in all missions in this offsets.

But there are few new question - what number of time to arrive first survey ships in all missions?

And wants to Know - will activate or desativate mission Floating base Attack after succesful defense base ?

And can I see the time when will arrive subs - colony supplys?

AND I inserted so useful information (abot third entry means in executable file) there