Finishing The Game....

doctor who

Well, these rumours are highly exaggerated.

There are practically an infinite number of artefact sites as there are alien colonies and ruddy terror missions. Besides, the synonium devices are like relay stations for their MC network. You need to take out their leader to win the game.

The only way to lose the game is to:

- Have negative funding for a few months

- Have the UN terminate X-Com from lack of support. This could happen over any period of time, slowly or quickly depending on how well you can prevent the alien's infiltration attempts

- Your last base gets wiped out by the aliens

- You quit the game

The only way to win the game is to:

- Successfully assault T'Leth

Well, there you go.

- NKF

Well, there's definitely more than 12 synonium devices -- or at least, there can be if you let them. The alien colonies and artefact sites tend to pop up like mushrooms when they(the aliens) are not watched.

I wouldn't take everything in the Ufopaedia to heart. Plenty of odd bits in it.

- NKF

Humm, I've never hearded anything regarding to those 12 SD to really finish the game though. The USG doesn't says anything about it.

I think that if you have 12 synoniun devices, it means that actually 12 alien bases are in the planet, so the fact of the game not end by lack of support is a miracle!!

Confirming NKF, you only finish the game by going to T'leth (even so, is not a big deal, only a long mission)..... sign

:P

I've beaten TFTD a million times, and I have NEVER been prompted to fight more than 6 or 7 artifact sites. It gets to the point in the game where terror missions and artifact sites just don't really happen anymore. I honestly don't see how the game would even give you 12 sites, let alone let you win with the destruction of them.

Also, if you go through the game files, there aren't any finishing cinemas to the game except for the Leviathan trying to leave and getting blown up or whatever happens. So I'd bet you can't win that way.

Indeed the Artefact sites are nothing but easy training for your less skilled soldiers. I've had twelve before. I know I have because the first time I completed the game I marked down on cards things like;

-alien colonies-discovered/destroyed

-XCom bases-under construction/completed/destroyed

-shipping routes-detected/successful

-terror sites-detected-successful

-Aliens killed-in a tally over several sheets of card!

-Soldiers killed-names/dates/mission on which they were lost

-Alien craft-detected/downed/recovered

-XCom Craft-purchased/sold/destroyed/manufactured

-Artefact sites-detected/destroyed

I had all sorts of these things on little white index cards... It doesn't complete the game if you destroy all twelve though... I think it's supposed to affect the aliens molecular control grid... If you win it stays the same, if you lose it gets smaller... That kind of thing...

It just doesn't... That's all...