Help!

Gilesy

I'll see about adding that to my modified interceptor base, then. Maybe run all of my manned mission from there, rather than all the other bases. I've modified K.C. Chang's bases in his excellent guide for TFTD. I have all bases with alien containment, myself. It's one of the first thing I try to do.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv done all that,unless its because iv no store space left? i have no aliens in my alien con, the only alien i have ever been able to research was deep one, iv researched all dead corpse's,i dont no what i'm doing wrong, i'm pi**ed off not being able to finish the game, i can do everything but research any other live aliens,ahh i'm gona brake the game in half, like iv nerly mastered it yet i still can't finish it.Like i'v captured loads of solders, s leaders,commanders,nav,medics, everything. at the end of the mission it sez that i have captured live aliens but when i check my base i just have corpse's, Someone somewhere hase to no what i'm doing wrong, PLEASE.

By the way, corpses don't go into containment. They go into general stores, oddly enough.

One possible solution is to start a fresh new base, set it up with a launch bay for one troop transport, a containment module, some stores and living quarters. Use the troops in this base to capture the aliens you want. Just remember to only capture the aliens you absolutely need. For me, I'd capture two or three lobsterman commanders, one live deep-one, one live gill-man, one tasoth and possibly a lobsterman navigator for older versions of the game. Once you've got the aliens you want in containment, send them to your research facility when there's space, or build a temporary and small research facility in that particular base to interrogate the captured aliens.

If you want, and if all else fails, you could zip up the save file and send it over to anyone on this forum to have a look at it.

- NKF

i'v done that and it wont work,i havnt captured any lobstermen scence i researched the last deep one so i'm going to a col now and il c if this works,

this is realy a9ing, i realy wana finish the game,i'm playing the playstation version,its the same as the pc version because i played both.Well i think they are the same.

NKF, I think you can use many bases for intercepts, but have one with labs, and a different one with workshops. I think that's thebest way. I think it might be a good idea to have all the bases with some stores, some living space, and hangers, along with defenses and a sonar, or even the Transmission Resolver.

Well, that's not quite what I meant.

See, the problem is, no more aliens are appearing in the primary base's containment module. Why? Probably overcrowded with other aliens or aliens that cannot be researched again. Who knows? Either way, it's annoying.

My suggestion was to start a new base with a team -- that can go out and capture more aliens -- that is also complemented with a fresh new and, above all, empty containment module. While your primary base might not be able to admit new aliens, the new base should.

Since you cannot transfer any of these newly captured aliens to your primary base, it might be a good idea to build one laboratory temporarily and then transfer 50 of your scientists here to interrogate the aliens. Once the interrogations are done, the scientists can go back home.

Or, if you're really patient, have lots of money and or willing to try anything, try this:

Transfer everything not bolted down to a new base along with all personnel. Encourage the aliens to attack the base. Once the dreadnaught appears, dismantle everything but the airlock, the containment module and whatever's connecting them. Oh, don't forget to transfer your ships. Now, the dreadnaught will land and obliterate the base. It will also obliterate the containment module along with all their pals. Now, just build a new base and move everything back here again. The new containment module should be completely empty, so you will definitely be able to capture more aliens.

Still, the first idea, building a temporary abductor base is cheaper and less time consuming. :P

- NKF

threre is noting in my alien con, and i have 2 alien con in my main base and one in an other, i have just taken out 2 alien bases in the space of a week i captuered around 20 aliens but they dont go into the alien con, iv researched everything that i can,all i need is the lav to win, i'v done everything iv built all the bases that i can and i have loads of money and grea solders,it is very a9ing that i cant finish the game.

Playstation version eh? Oh dear... That's one of my few weak spots.

Oh well, consider demolishing the base with the problematic containment module (let the aliens do the destroying bit for you)and rebuilding it afterwards. That ought to empty it out just nicely. Of course, don't forget to transfer everything you still want to keep, like soldiers, ships and equipment.

Hmm. Do you recall exactly how many Deep-Ones you captured? It could be part of the problem. I mean, they're clogging up the available containment space but not being able to research them. In other words, they're there, but have no where to go. Still, this doesn't explain why your other bases aren't getting any new ones though... Unless you've researched them all already? No, that can't be. You have to research multiple lobsterman commanders to win the game, so that shouldn't be the case... unless you've researched the Tasoth commander? If you did, then there's your problem.

On a less related matter: I've pretty much completed my notes on Armour-Subs-T'Leth. Just need to find an editor to whittle it down to something more concise and less verbose, and provide a secondary opinion to make sure everything's as accurate as it can be. Any takers?

- NKF

On a less related matter: I've pretty much completed my notes on Armour-Subs-T'Leth. Just need to find an editor to whittle it down to something more concise and less verbose, and provide a secondary opinion to make sure everything's as accurate as it can be. Any takers?

I'm a bit busy these days but I can take time to provide a secondary opinion :P

There is a way to put your ps games on the pc, but I not going to mention all of it though. Also, I lost the link to where you can link to even buy the chip. There's a chip you can buy to turn your pc into a game machine, somewhere. I don't know where it is anymore. Sorry. You could, if you find it, play your game on the 'puter, and then be able to zip up the game, and send it to us, and we can get an emulator, and find TFTD rom and play it that way, and help out. Actually, there maybe another way to do this as well, but I don't know if it's workable, or not. There might be some sort of hardware that can have the computer read the stuff off the memory card onto the pc. Well, it's a try.

That ould be great but i douth it would work,i captured a few deep ones and i researched the 2 of them,there is noting at all in my alien containment, :devil: i tryed everthing i have replayed the game about 10 times and i keep ending up stuck with loads of money and great solders but i cant finish it,i have only researched a live deep one thats it, i have researched all corpse's. Dont tell me there is an order to researching corpse aswell? i tink ill just get the pc version. then if i get stuck i can send the game to one of yous, the only thing is i can't find the game anywere,

I don't have a credit card so i can't buy it on the internet.Dose any1 live in Dublin that has the game?

A Playstation specific bug perhaps?

Anyway, I made a list of all the live aliens you'll ever need to research to win the game.

- Deep-One Terrorist x 1

- Lobsterman Commander x 2

- Lobsterman Navigator x 1 (if you cannot get magnetic navigation)

- Tasoth Commander x 0 (The 0 is very important)

The following are optional

- Calcinite x 1 (shortcut to getting MC, but you can get it from the Deep-One)

- Any Tasoth x 1 (MC Readers to MC Disrupters)

- Any Gillman x 1 (vibroblades to the thermic lance)

If you plan to start a new game, I'd like point you over to the following handy reference that I'm preparing in my spare time:

https://www.geocities.com/nkfarma/temporary...td_research.txt

The text formatting is horrible, the whole thing is in shambles, the conversion to a plain text file wasn't very smooth, and for some reason some of the text has been repeated at various intervals. Hopefully it still gets the idea across.

As it is just a working copy, it won't be there for long, but have a look anyway.

- NKF

NKF i know nerly everything there is to know about the game i just cant get the lav to finish the game,it is so annoying,I search all over town yesterday looking for a pc version but i cudnt find one im starting to lose harth in it.Me mate is giving me intersep tomorrow so i'll just have to be content with finishing that.

It was more for the benefit of those who did not know about it. Sure beats stunning everything in sight and sorting through piles of redundant soldiers later. :P

Your problem may very well be spefic to the playstation edition. What about starting a new campaign? Does that end up with similar results too?

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't be of much more help. But if you can somehow figure out what's causing your problem, and explain the steps to recreate it, please let us know. I'd like to see if it occurs on the PC edition as well. Sounds like something that really ought to be taken note of.

- NKF

You know, I prefer to play games on pc than console. But that's a personal thing. I do like some console games, but sometimes it's a little harder to play on console than the pc. Besides, I can find more stuff online, with my pc, than I can for consoles. I can only find FAQ's and game guides, etc.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm back 2 years after i started his topic and i'm still having the same problem,

This time on the Pc , I even used a HEX editor to try cheat my way to the end and I still cant finish the game I've tryed everything, What am i doing wrong? I've loads

of money im taking out around 3 r 4 alien bases a month and i still can't go to the city,

I got abit futher on the PC version as i researched the Alien City and all,

But i can't go there i havn't can't even build a manta let alone a lav, Do

I have to research another live deep one

To get the Manta, you need Magnetic Ion Armour and Sub Construction. The Hammerhead requires the Manta. The Leviathan requires the Hammerhead and another Lobsterman Commander. To actually get to T'Leth, you should have "T'Leth The Alien's City" - this'll activate the 'T'Leth' launch button for the Leviathan.

To get Sub Construction, you need to have Sub Constructions in stores (I'm sure you'll have plenty of these) when you complete research on the Zrbite and the Transmission Resolver. Note, you mainly need the Sub Construction item when you're researching the last one of either two of these. If you've already researched both Zrbite and the Trans. Resolver without getting Sub Construction, you may need to restart the game or reload to a point just before this.

To Get Magnetic Ion Armour, you need Magnetic Navigation and Ion Armour. Magnetic Navigation should come right away with the most up-to-date version of TFTD, otherwise you'll need a lobsterman Navigator.

Ion Armour requires Plastic Aqua Armour, Ion Beam Accelerators and a live deep one. The Live deep one should be kept until after you've done the last two research topics to be on the safe side. Some players cannot research the deep one more than once, others can, but it pays to be safe and it is more efficient to an extent. Plastic Aqua armour comes from aqua plastics, which in turn become available from a deep-one corpse.

That practically covers half of everything you need to get to the final mission (And all the most important tech in the game to boot, bar the weapons). Check the list and see which bit along the way that you've missed out on.

- NKF