X-Com movie!

Crafty

Cool!

Yeah, for people that aren;t aware, this is where a lot of inspiration for the game came from. Expect to see Interceptors intercepting UFO's, ground units investigating crash sites (usualy just blowing up crashed UFO's from my sketchy memory and usually missing an alien or two then having to go after them).

Plenty to improve upon after all this time as it is definitely dated and extremely 70's no matter how much it was supposed to be set in the future, but I still hope they don't change it too much.

Of course if they want to call it X-COM as well then that's fine by me ;)

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old subject but there were certain scenes in Battle for LA that reminded me of the game.

Anyone who liked X-com should see this movie.These guys get their butts kicked for the majority of it..then they get some payback near the end..

Thats's X-com all the way.

I actually liked Battle LA, and you are right Reload, it was closer to X-Com than anything else. And it was much better than Cloverfield.

After losing half their squad due to an "incident" the surviving marines have to figure out a way to kill the aliens effieciently,then get hit by a weapon on the highway that throws them off(there are a couple army toops but they go down quickly) They try to use a tank to mask their movements but it doesn't last long..and several main characters get killed.

The end of the movie was the best as it showed a helicopter assault force(much like the beginning) flying towards LA.

You can hear one of the helo pilots saying "let's take back LA" but you know it's going to be a bloody proccess and some of the survining characters will die in the proccess.

If there is a sequel i expect the grenadier to survive but not the SGT.