Zombie games!

FullAuto

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dead Nation is a damn good game, and it's not just a multidirectional shooter. The metagame tots up every player's kills, and then produces a percentage of the zombified population of that country that has been killed. Every time you play, you're helping rid your nation of the undead! Incidentally, I'm ranked 1st in the UK (out of 2,253) and 2nd in the world currently. :P

Worldwide, the plucky humans have managed to kill about 52 million zombies. The US is leading the way (31% cleared) thanks to a 24-hour lead in the game's release (and having more players, obviously), with Canada in second (20%), but the UK is in third (18%) and closing. Then it's France and Finland in fourth and fifth respectively with 12%, Sweden in sixth with 9%, Germany seventh with 9%, Poland eighth with 8%, Spain ninth with 6% and Russia with 6% to finish the top ten nations.

• 2 months later...

Can't believe noone has posted Zombie Driver!

It's a very entertaining game that for some reason suddenly stopped working on my computer several missions in :oh: Imagine replacing old-school GTAs 'Gouranga' with constant zombie squishing and you've pretty much got yourself a game!

Starting off with a taxi cab I believe the player finds themself in a city where the dead are walking and they're on a mission (many missions in fact) to rescue key members of the city from the onslaught of the dead. It's essentially GTA collect and deliver missions with kooky weapons, powerups and vehicle upgrades between missions.

Various motors include a limo and a sports car with many more to boot, each with it's good points and bad ranging from speed to passenger capacity.

It's a free download so definitely worth a shot, I would have enjoyed it for a long time were it not for my computer's sudden decision to stop playing it for no reason...

Oh and thanks a lot Pete, like I didn't already want Left4Dead, I'm now bidding for it on Ebay :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so after a long time coming this game finally arrived a few days ago. Tragically it was used and it's a stupid #@*&% STEAM title which meant I wasted a fiver... Luckily for me the seller seems to have made a very genuine mistake in selling me a useless game and not only did he refund my money but also transferred his account to my email address so I can use the game for free!

HAving only played a few games so far I'm really quite taken but I was wondering if anyone else here plays as I'd love to get together for a proper campaign playthrough with people I know. Take into account the need for 55 achievements and I could really use some help getting them with people I actually know (sort of lol)

So is anyone out there playing Left4Dead2? Let me know if you are and let's find a time to play through a campaign or two. I've found each playthrough doesn't really take that long (on normal difficulty at least) so would be fun to do it with some of you guys, even if it's only one campaign at a time, spread over weeks. In fact, probably best that way :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a fun one I've just found on Facebook (I know I know!) worth a giggle though if you like that sort of thing!

It's called Zombie Lane and it has a very Shaun of the Dead feel to it. You seem to be the only survivor in your street and you work to rebuild your home, rescue your girlfriend and save your dog while bashing zombies with spades guns and flaming boxing gloves!

Check it out here if you fancy a chuckle and feel free to add me as a neighbour if you have me as a friend :)

• 2 weeks later...

One for the zombie lovers here...

Just seen this article over at Rock Paper Shotgun (god, that website is responsible for me spending so much money) about an upcoming indie game called Project Zomboid and I thought it might pique interest over here!

Basically the gist of it is that you're a survivor in a zombie apocalypse, and you have to do anything to survive. This includes building and crafting things, and making alliances and trading with (or killing and stealing from) NPCs who are also trying to survive. The game will be completely randomised each time you start (a la Minecraft) so no two games will be the same.

Snippet from the RPS article for your consumption:

This forthcoming indie, zombie, open-world, browser-based RPG (IZOBRPG?) was a bit of a Twitter sensation the other week, thanks to him what co-wrote Father Ted linking to it, but mean, paranoid rotters that we are on RPS, we decided to hold off posting until there was some footage to accompany the appealing concept. The 3-man team of Britishers behind it, Indie Stone, are funding the game with pre-orders �" so let the below be the shells for your shotgun-of-purchase decision-making. Yes.

Important things of important note: the below is incredibly early footage, it

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Walking Dead by TellTale is a bit of a conundrum. It's an adventure game with an unusual art style:

twd1.jpg

that I can't quite like. The controls are a little unusual (PS3) with left stick controlling movement and right stick controlling a D-pad shaped cross that you position over objects to then bring up examine/use/talk options that correspond to a button. The conversation system has been lifted 100% from Alpha Protocol, with four options and a time limit in which to choose. It's very much focused on character interaction, with little in the way of puzzles and combat is basically QTEs. I did enjoy it, but it's a little difficult to commit to buy five episodes based on playing the first. Okay, the game is episodic, but so what? You want to buy a game to finish it, it's no good saying "You finished the first part, isn't that satisfying?" It would be like playing the first fifth of any game and saying "Didn't you enjoy finishing it?"

There's simply no way I'm going to purchase the 'season' based on the strength of the first episode, I don't care how good it is. I'll wait until the whole thing is out, and then I might buy it.

Oh, and TellTale still make buggy games, though in this one it's just the audio.

I was wondering when you'd get around to trying this one as it struck me as it might be right up your alley. :)

As for your withdrawal woes ;) FA, this is the same sort of conundrum you face in a good comic book series. If you pick up the first one you'll just have to wait for the following issues. Or, alternatively, don't pick it up and wait for the final compilation, hardcover with extra material and no need for an errata.

::

The adventure is pretty character-driven from what I've read, so may well be worth your wait.