X-COM: Enemy Unknown, JAP version...

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

All you need to record images are video clips from your PlayStation is a video capture card. The one I use cost $40AU.

It's more a problem of messing with the software. VirtualDub is one of the best products for it, and it's free; however, it's a bit complex if you're not sure what's going on...

Quite simply, if it plugs into a TV, it'll plug into a capture card. Well... in most cases. I wouldn't expect all capture cards to accept digital television, but then, the same goes for TVs.

The same is true for sound cards, however. If it plugs into a stereo, it'll go into your sound card... However, you might need a cheap little adaptor for that.

One of the graphics that really called my attention was the power suit depicted on that cover, especially the pic that appears to show it on the soldier equipment screen. Even if it only appears there maybe someone can make a nice mod to replace the one on the PC version...

it's no powersuit, it's the personal armour. they only wear extra helmets, maybe that confused you :(

If you look at the inner cover of the CD the last pic has several images, including one that "looks" like a blue power suit. Of course, the bad quality of the image makes it hard to figure out what it is exactly.

• 5 weeks later...

argh!!!! i want to see!

anyway, i suppose you could DL an emulator, just for the screen shots? i mean, he has the actual game, and the console. so can't he just use the emulator for teh screenshots?

edit: i think that they just skewed the image on the x-axis for the screenshots. thats why the powersuit looks "thinner". or maybe the japan devision of x-com are just thinner :huh:

in terms of capture cards, my church has a computer purely for video editing, and we have a canpus video rendering card which has a RCA/S-video in and out, so if i needed to do something similar, thats what i would use. acutally, i made a video of my friends fighting in street fighter when we were experimenting with greenscreens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...