Hearts of Iron III Preview

Pete

FullAuto's much-anticipated Hearts of Iron III preview has been published, coinciding with the launch of our new-look website.

In this extensive preview, FullAuto leaves no stone unturned and the article covers a multitude of features including AI, Diplomacy, Intelligence, Politics, Warfare and much more.

The interface is simple and clear, and navigation through the various screens is a single click, but this is still a game that deluges you with information, and you need to play just to get accustomed to it, before thinking about doing anything so ambitious as winning a war.

big_sprite.jpg big_tech.jpg big_scwhoi3s.jpg

Read the full article to get a better feel for the game, which is released on the 7th of August. You can also get a brief overview of the game viat the Game Card, and pre-order the game from GamersGate.

FullAuto will be following this article up with a review at a later date, so check back soon and in teh meantime, please feel free to join in the discussion in our new Hearts of Iron forum.

Yeah, we've nudged them about it several times. Are all the other previews 100% positive I wonder as the thread listing the previews on their forums was longer than that but ours still wasn't on it when I checked a few days ago.

We've emailed them twice as far as I'm aware :)

Still, 1,000 unique visits to that article can't be bad ;)

Looks like HOI3 is finally released to the general public for purchase now. Anybody get it yet? I'm also wondering what the system specs are. My laptop will probably be able to handle it, but I'd like to know for sure. ;)

- Zombie

Yup - been available since the 7th. Unfortunately there's a pretty big bug in the current version (1.1) which they're looking to patch in the next week or so as well as balancing some other elements based on user feedback.

The system specs should be available on the official site I linked to if I remember correctly.

• 5 weeks later...
I played it and was very disappointed. I like the research tree better, but it is not at all realistic. Italy invaded France and ate up half the country before the French reacted (all the French troops were easliy holding back the Nazis in the north). After the Gremans finally cracked the French line and took Paris, the Italians left all of their occupied terrritory and Vichy France was born. I like the game but will wait 3-4 months (and a patch or two) before I play it again.