UFO Soundtrack

Pumpkinhead

Has anyone else every listened to the X-COM soundtrack on its own, outside of the game?

I've listened to it a few times through, and have just today burnt it onto a CD as CD Audio so I can play it through the stereo (which I'm doing as I type this). I doubt it will be listened to more than a few times a year (if that), but I was just curious if I was the only one who has done this :P

A while back, I tried to "crack" the music off my PSX disc because it's much better than the computer's version. To make a long story short, the music ended up choppy and had a "grainy" texture to it. Then I found that someone had done the work for me already on the xcomufo website. So I downloaded the whole kit and kaboodle and listened to it. Now when I play X-COM on the computer, I mute the games music and crank up those downloaded files. Even though the music playing doesn't correlate to where you are in the game, it's still better than listening to no music at all! :P

I know the UFO2007 team made a remix. I don't know if this link still works, but ya never know.

I doubt that's the one being referred to here.

Myself, I have the above file and a handful of the CE midis on my WinAmp playlist. The remix and the two geoscape files each play for around eight minutes. Whee! :P