EU reskin - throwing an idea out

Drewid

Righto, it's finally been added to my toolpack. Install the updated version (just extract it straight to your game folder), open a command prompt window and navigate your way to the "bb_tact" folder.

Once there, to convert the textures type:

convmisc /togif texture

The GIFs will turn up in a sub-folder alongside the Texture.dat file.

To convert the other way, type:

convmisc /togame texture

There are also a few other things you can do with the tools, take a browse through the included documentation for the full picture.

Spiffing! I'm nearly there with the geo screen and fonts, and I've recruited a designer who's going to look at text replacement and tech tree stuff.

and as a teaser - Here's a cloktoid.....

https://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2493/cloktoidsmall.jpg

and as a teaser - Here's a cloktoid...

Cool stuff! It bears a fair resemblance to Bender the robot on the Futurama TV series though:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Bender_Rodriguez.png

You need a designer to edit text and mess with the research tree? C'mon, a monkey could do those things. :laugh: JK :D

- Zombie

Cool stuff! It bears a fair resemblance to Bender the robot on the Futurama TV series though:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Bender_Rodriguez.png

You need a designer to edit text and mess with the research tree? C'mon, a monkey could do those things. :laugh: JK :D

- Zombie

:D

Time innit. Divide and conquer and all that. He's going to do some other stuff as well.

A bow tie and three digits on each hand! Yay! The rigidity and angles of the Cloktoid are a nice contrast to the sectoid.

The head reminds me a little of the ol' power suit helmet + a hat. For some reason, I always imagined the e-mail X-Com power suit helmets as wearing an extra hat over the helmet. Odd.

- NKF

A bow tie and three digits on each hand! Yay! The rigidity and angles of the Cloktoid are a nice contrast to the sectoid.

The head reminds me a little of the ol' power suit helmet + a hat. For some reason, I always imagined the e-mail X-Com power suit helmets as wearing an extra hat over the helmet. Odd.

- NKF

Hah. I found the sprite page for that yesterday while I was trawling an old drive.

Hmm, monocle...

post-813-1236070368_thumb.png

Sorry, was staring too long at a chocolate bar wrapper with a photo of the company founder on the back. :laugh:

- NKF

Nice one NFK, and not a million miles away from the etherial sketch I was doing this morning :D I had him in a smoking jacket though, I like the lab coat better...Lab coat plus tartan slippers. :D

Hey BB, what bits of Java do I need I've got the browser nonsense already, but I guess I need the JDK? Any particular version?

The JDK (Java Development Kit) is required to compile Java stuff. You don't need it unless you actually want to re-write my code yourself.

If you just want to run the programs then it's the JRE you're after (Java Runtime Enviroment). This, to be precise.

Though it sounds a bit like you already have that.

Regardless I recommend getting the latest install, on the basis that just about everything is open to security holes these days. Hence why I don't bother to be too specific about which version is actually "needed". If your's is too old, you'll be told so when you attempt to boot my stuff. If your's is newer then mine... then well and good.

The JDK comes with the JRE (kinda useless without it), but it's a fair bit larger to install.