Ufo: EU too easy or bugged game?

Nicol.Bolas

So after finishing TFTD many times, I finished Ufo EA:

1) dos version 1,2

2) patch 1,4 and routes fixed copied to dierectory, no other programs or addons used

3) got laser canon factory going

4) played whole lot of 7 landed ufos

5) 4 terror sites, 1 failed, 1 missed

6) reasearched magnetic nav, power unit, alloys, elerium, leader, commander (found in the huge sub)

7) sent 24 rookies armed only with laser rifle and fyling suits to cydonia, and won (ironmen of course) - I admit it was not that easy, only 10 survived to final room

8) I never reaearched any plasma, small launcher, grenade or super launcher technology

9) no mc trainings at all.

10 ) 2nd terror site contained only 1 reaper, although the 3rd contained 6-7 reapers and enough aiens, is this enough, did the difficulty setting work?

12) 2 huge ships contained only about 10-11 aliens

13) used the newufo.bat to launch, is that correct? after all the patchigng there vere so many executables.

Got the game bugged, or is it that much easier than TFTD?

The dos version is bugged - a glitch resets its difficulty level after the first mission, so technically you've beaten the game on beginner mode.

XComutil can fix this bug.

Of course, TFTD was designed to be a much harder sequel. The aliens in particular have been souped up considerably, particularly the lobstermen and the increased number of mind control races. Two parter missions were added. The balance of weapons have been changed - mostly to various extremes. Etc. After mastering TFTD you would probably find UFO to be a bit easier than what you're accustomed to. Still, UFO is no less challenging if you're playing at the real difficulty level.

- NKF

The Playstation version is free from the difficulty bug. That I'm positive about. The Amiga version? Don't know, but it probably has the bug. (I still need to find a decent emulator for the Amiga platform to test the game out). :blink:

- Zombie