Enemy soldiers under fire don't move or shoot back

DoomMunky

So I'm on the second mission of my Allied game, the one where the Axis attack the train depot/warehouses. You know, where the dude gets sniped out of his tower at the very beginning of the level? Anyway, I'm running all my guys around the outside of the compound to attack from the rear and the Allied soldiers who guard the base are engaging the Axis dudes trying to kill them.

But that's the problem. The Axis guys aren't doing anything. They're just standing there, slowly getting taken out by the grenades I'm tossing over the fence and the bullets of the Allies, who hit every now and then, even though their aim is terrible. I can see the little "active" highlight go from one guy to another during the Enemy turn, but they don't do anything, even move. The Allied guys are running and shooting and stuff, so the level itself isn't broken.

So...why is this happening? Might it have to do with my use of the Difficulty Grade Changes mod? Or the fact that I haven't been SEEN by them yet, even though I'm egaging them with grenades and machine gun fire through the concrete wall?

More importantly, is there anything I can do about it? An AI reset command? Anything?

They eventually started fighting back, but I'm not sure why. Maybe there's some script trigger that we didn't hit until we crossed the gated entrance, which I didn't do until we'd already killed the majority of them.

And no, they didn't even engage the Allied dudes. I'm thinking there's some event trigger line somewhere. I'll poke around with it tonight and see if they develop a killer instinct or remain cattle, dociley waiting for the slaughter.