PSP Networking

Koloth

Greetings,

Okay I suckered and took a deal on a PSP. I've got a wireless network using WEP (due to old devices) and I use a 128 bit key which requires I enter 26 hex digits for the key. On the PSP I seem to only be able to enter about 12 characters then it stops taking input. There doesn't seem to be a way to select the strength of WEP being used (64 or 128 bit).

The PSP system software is v3.71. I just updated it to the latest I could find.

Any network savy/PSP people out there ?

Have you tried entering the 13 ASCII symbols corresponding to each pair of hex digits? Of course, this might not be possible if you use too small or too big values for each pair (00 or FF)

How about official pages/sources? While you can wait for someone to show up and knows how to do this you might be better of checking some places out.

I figured that out and have changed the network to use a shorter key. I can now enter the whole key into the PSP. This hasn't worked so far, so I've got to go back and carefully confirm that I've got everything set to the same key. (yeah, it's been low priority). I did confirm that the networking works by connecting to a STAPLE's WiFi network last night with the PSP. At least that means that the "radios" work. I'll get it eventually. Thanks for your help.