TFTDCrash

Comrade_Red1918

well i play the game on 95 compatabilty mode and i have visual themes and advanced text services turned off a for version of the game i wouldn't know how to check it, but i've tried turning off direct draw and it didn't make a diffrence. My computer is 2.8ghz and is running on windows xp home editon. Oh and when it crashes it just exits out the game no messages of anything.

game runs fine without the compatabilities but still has that problem crashing and also i think it's the first version.

Oh yea since i'm askinf i've got EU collectors widtin sound and music and the game work fine but there's jsut one problem the sising of it one the screen is messed up like it doesn't use the whole screen it just uses a small bar across the monitor and i've turned off directdraw and it helps with the messed up colours but not the screen sizing.

Well, as far as TFTD goes the best I can recommend is XcomUtil. It probably won't stop the game crashing, but it'll make it somewhat easier to recover from (it splits the executable into two segments, so if the tactical part fails the geoscape view pops back up). Just remember to keep saving and you'll probably be fine.

When you say the UFO screen sizing is too small, do you mean part of it is chopped off (that is, the view is cropped), or that the view is squished (that is, really incorrectly sized)? If it's the later, and you're using a LCD screen, chances are you can't do much about it...