Inventory Weight?

Orange Element

So far as I can tell the Inventory weight concept hasn't been implemented into S3. But I'll have to get further into to the game to tell you if that's true or not. (:

I do know that in the sequel Hammer & Sickle it has been implemented. So no more using your troops as pack mules. (:

Yeah, that's what I figured. I think it's kind of illogical that a soldier can carry a bazooka, a rifle AND a load of grenades, along with medkits, a ton of ammo etc. without any penalty to speed. Speaking of Hammer and Sickle, would you recommend getting it? How does it compare to Silent Storm? I keep reading bad reviews about it but it looks so similar to S2, how can it go wrong?

Logic?!? (: What is logic? I'll have to ask Spock about that.

Weight is somewhat download as you can shoot a 200 pound enemy soldier halfway across the screen with a hail of SMG/MG fire.

Blame the weight issue on Hollywood as they do like to send people into combat with neverending firing weapons and send people flying when they get hit by copperplated pieces of lead.

As for Hammer & Sickle....It is the third evolution of the Silent Storm series games and therefore more 'realistic' with weight implemented and people will die when being shot in the head (I've had an enemy survive 6-7 headshots in S2 and S3).

Where do H&S go wrong....Lots of different opinions about that....But I guess you could say it tries to be more of a storydriven RPG then a squad based tactical shooter which S2 and S3 are.

But the general census on Strategycore is that it is a worthy game. It will challenge your tactical squad skills just as much if not even more then S2 and S3.

I think a lot of folk who picked up H&S were expecting another iteration of Silent Storm. Which it isn't. It's much more of an RPG, and there are a lot more tactical situations where you start out badly outnumbered, which has lead some to complain about the difficulty level. But there are also a lot more solutions than simply storming the objective, too.