Geoscape Corpse/Aircraft bug

Alpha_Monkey

Right.... I've just finished a ground mission cleaning out a supply ship, popped back to the geoscape map, and found a bunch of erroneous aircraft tracks on my radar.

Every base has a friendly yellow blip over it, but the blip isn't reported as an aircraft, but as "alien corpse #"......and after a minute or so the whole thing crashes out.

I'd really hope there's an easy fix to this, since I've overwritten my only game save before realising my mistake.

It's odd though, I'm about 8 months and 70 missions in, and this is the first time this has happened, for no obvious reason.

I'm sorry, but that game save is seriously messed up. The file in concern is "Craft.Dat".

What is suspect is a byte is missing from the file or something, meaning that all the values/records are in the wrong places...

Any chance you could post your version of the file somewhere, preferably along with the rest of the save? I'm doubting I can fix it, but you never know.

I had a sneaking supsicion the problem would lie there, although I've also had the suspicion that my game is, as you say, irrepairably damaged. Shame, since I've cultivated some truly heroic troopers.

This has got me thinking though.....if the problem lies in one file within the savegame, would it be possible for me to....graft.....a clean copy of Craft.dat in while leaving the rest of my game unnaffected?

Also.....I'm concerned that if I start over, the same thing might just happen again. What do you think the likelyness is, and what can I do to avoid it?

Files to follow, just as soon as I've found a format the board accepts.

edit:

screw it, how's this?

https://files.filefront.com/GAME_1rar/;7014...;/fileinfo.html

Cheers in advance, btw.