Excavation Sites *SPOILERS PRESENT MAY RUIN GAME*

duezeone

So, recently I have been getting a few of the underground martian missions. Where you go and retrieve the special technology in the underground place. They are pretty easy considering it's only robots. Are these just like leveling missions or what? Because I don't find them that hard at all and there are so many guys to kill it is like free leveling and technology I guess. I have yet to research any of the stuff I have found though. I also find the martian batteries sometimes too. Must be good for drones later on or something?

Topic title modified as spoilers will be present.

In short excavation sites are where you gain artifacts needed for learning about the Martians history, language and what ever....So they are important to complete.

And they are a nice place to pick up some martian drones too...

I'm sorry if anyone read this that didn't already know =\. Thanks for modding the title though.

"pick up martian drones"? I think you are giving me a tip to something, but I'm not sure. I've had two of these missions so far and I currently control 4 (maybe 3) excavation sites. The first one I'm pretty sure I killed everything there. I picked up the artifact and I also found a martian battery, (which I thought it was the artifact and ended up going back to the start saying, "wtf...? it wont finish the mission" heh). I'm guessing you need some certain techs before you are able to get martian drones. Unless what you mean by that is: pickup the killed drones body and disassemble it or whatever?

Cool! languanges so you can communicate with them via diplomacy, right? Dang, I just spoiled my own game.

I'm guessing you need some certain techs before you are able to get martian drones. Unless what you mean by that is: pickup the killed drones body and disassemble it or whatever?

You just answered your own question... :(

Do enough of these and the robot's masters start to turn up as well :(

I'm guessing you need some certain techs before you are able to get martian drones. Unless what you mean by that is: pickup the killed drones body and disassemble it or whatever?

You just answered your own question... :(

Do enough of these and the robot's masters start to turn up as well :D

You have answered your own question, Sorbicol :(

Just for your information I currently have 15 operational martian drones. 2 hovers and 13 crawlers. No mechs though....

You have answered your own question, Sorbicol :(

Just for your information I currently have 15 operational martian drones. 2 hovers and 13 crawlers. No mechs though....

Lol, yeah I know they turn up I was just letting Duezeone know there was a point to doing these missions :(

Nice to see you can start developing Martian style drones too. that should help against the rets. at the moment my drones get nailed by their rockets as they can't get out of the way quick enough :D

Will have to reassess my research priorities.........

Just for your information I currently have 15 operational Martian drones. 2 hovers and 13 crawlers. No mechs though....

I think that the enhanced drones that You manufacture are superior to the Martian drones.

I have only one. It is packed with four laser cannons (in some missions, 4 rocket launchers) - a single shot is lethal... It's a pity that the weapon ranges are so short - a long-range rocket launcher with laser targeting would be really really nice :-)