Is AL as buggy as AS and AM were on release?

Cpl. Facehugger

Well, the title says it all, really. I remember how buggy AS was when I first got it right out of the box, and I'd like to avoid a replay of that if at all possible.

So, is AL as buggy as AS and AM? Or should I wait a few months for the patches to roll out?

Also, as an aside, how are load times in AL? Anything like AS' extremely long ones?

They tested Afterlight for quite a long period of time before releasing it. The retail version is 1.4. I haven't found any bugs so far (except some crackling sound, but I think it's related to some codec I installed), and there are very few bug posts at the official boards compared to when Aftershock was released.

As for loading times, they've been a little improved over Aftershock it seems. Still takes a little time loading the missions however. I suggest you give the demo a spin. If you can run it without crashes, and think the loading times are fine, you should be good to go :(

Cpl. Facehugger.

If it is any consolation I have had the game since its release on the 9th Feb and it hasnt crashed once for me! it hasnt even stuttered either (I do meet the recommended specs mind you).One thing I will say though,is the loading times CAN be long on some missions,especially on base assaults ect.But in no way does it diminish the enjoyment level.

I highly recommend you take our word for it and get playing mate! but be prepared for a HARD battle this time! :(

Oh, don't worry. I was planning on picking it up at first opportunity. It's just that I was concerned I was in for a repeat of AS. Which actually, now that I think about it, wasn't that bad. -Pre patch in AS the only bug I encountered was with two-part missions in high-tech resource sites, where the game'd crash on the second level. A bit irritating when the Starghosts started planting their death pillars. :(

Good to see that there aren't very many greivous bugs. :(

But yeah, I plan to see if I might pick it up Tuesday. Depends on if my local EB or Bestbuy has it. With luck I'll have both it and SupCom in my hands by Tuesday evening.

Facehugger,

Not a bug as such, but I have definate memory leak problems after I've been on about 8-10 missions. Load times increase to inexcess of 5 minutes and the gamplay in the tactical map becomes very "laggy" in apperance.

Having said that a quick shutdown and restart seems to fix the problem, and I know for other people they have no problems at all. Normal load time is approx 30 seconds for me if it is any help.

Installed...

First of all 'wrong disc inserted message' when trying to play from icon

Playing in windowed mode which was successful.

Then, got stuck in a never ending loop for equipping squad (bear with me, I'm trying to figure out what everthing does so I'm using the tutorial)

Then, stopped responding, crashes & wants to send error report.

Hmm. Not a good start then.

Yup, XP it is.

Grabbed the latest ATI drivers for my Radeon 9800 Pro to see if that helped, so up to Catalyst 7.1 but still aint helped with the looping squad screen although I've sent a copy of my saves to support.

This idiot is now in suspence :(

Thats strange, I just completed my game with a lesser card than yours, 9600 pro.. I'm probably using older drivers too as I havent really been updating them lately..

Im running with "Optimal Performance" settings, as it has been said that using AA from the cards drivers would not work well afterlight..