Time to take the cheese!

Detonate

Picture the scene...

A piano player keeps a continual soundtrack to the constant chatter of the regulars, engaged in debate, some of it more cut & thrust than mere metaphor.

Suddenly, the doors to the place swing open, silhouetting a stranger and a sense of foreboding washes over the gathered clientele.

"So, where's the action at?"

The piano stops, mid tune and all eyes turn towards the stranger.

End turn

Well, it's been awhile...

I actually visited last week, lurking from work, to find out about UFO AM & AS, which I've just (yes, just) stared playing and between the games and this site, it's been too damned long to be away from this!

Oh, and hi - some of you may remember me from the dim & distant past, I won't hold it against you - at 42 now, I feel slightly out of the demographic, but it's good to find like minded souls here and still so enthusiastic, intelligent and with a massive dose of humour.

"Nice planet. We'll take it."

at 42 now, I feel slightly out of the demographic

You're not alone there. Thanks to the current juvenalia doing the rounds, anyone over the age of ten feels well out of it. At the ripe old age of 24, I feel like shaking my fist at the kids in GAME.

This film, 'Lesbian Vampire Killers': is it about a group of lesbians who kill vampires; a group of lesbian vampires, who kill; or about a group of people who go round killing lesbian vampires? Then again, does it really matter?

Surely, it must be like the Fearless Vampire Killers? Only lesbian. Regardless, it is now my life's work to view this piece of cinematographic gold.

Cheers guys, it's good to be back after so long, far too long.

I've been out of the loop so I'm currently catching up on some of the news round here; JA3/JAZZ, UFO and stuff, and as I mentioned previously, I've only just started playing Aftermath despite having it sitting on the shelf along with Silent Storm for years and never touching the games. To make amends, I grabbed Afterlight from Amazon today. It looks polished but I'm not sure about the look/feel of it yet - I need time to bed into the whole scene again I guess.

I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the site and the regulars here - very articulate and good humoured, it's a credit to you all. Incidentally, how's cyke these days - is he still around?

Not sure about the religion & politics forum though, that was certainly unexpected to see amongst the others! I don't have the nerve to check it out - too many hot potatoes for me, thank you. :-)

Psychology Humour website

"Participants" wanted

A Stanford Medical research group advertised for participants in a study of obsessive-compulsive disorder. They were looking for therapy clients who had been diagnosed with this disorder. The response was gratifying; they got 3,000 responses about three days after the ad came out. All from the same person.

cyke pops in occasionally, however he's currently doing more real-world stuff that's taking up his time at the moment.

I think he still pops in at The Last Outpost (link in my sig) occasionally, though I'll admit I'm being a bit crap at keeping up with these sites nowadays.

I can PM you a current email address if you'd like?

The religion and politics forum came about despite all common sense as so many people seemed to want to discuss the issues of today (and yester-year, and the future) on a gaming site. Rather than have topics in the general Off-Topic forum go wildly out of hand, as the politics ones used to do frequently, someone had the good idea to create a forum for it plastered with warnings about how to behave.

So far three haven't been any major casualties...

...and on that note, welcome back and enjoy your stay! :(