Can anyone suggest a good 3dsmax tutorial?

kai

I'm trying to get in to development with 3ds max, namely because the only pictures I've ever seen of the Patton class starship were a few low res pics in Interceptor, so I'd like to have a go at putting together my own model of the ship (to render).

Please don't respond with "use Google" type responses, I'd just like to know if any designers here know any easy to use resources for learning how to use it. Unless it's a nightmare to use, in which I may just give up the idea

Well, my skills in anything art-related is about as good as Slaughter's attempts at being sober, but I feel like butting in anyways.

You could try asking the people who submit to DesktopStarships and ask them. You're bound to pick up more that way than just static tutorials.

Edit by Slaughter: Fixed link (and should have fixed the text as well you durned rude little... :))

I know even less about 3D Studio Max than staying sober, but I know that GameDev.net is supposed to be a good site for aspiring game developers. If you scroll down a bit, you'll find the "Visual Arts" category. There are some 3D Studio tutorials available there. Don't know if they are good, but this site is supposed to be. You can also probably get better answers there.