The best way to play Ufo

warpmaster

Hi all!

I have found a link to a Dosbox(?) in another topic on this forum but is broken. I believe that XCom Collectors Edition was for Pc, and didn't need any type of emulator, was click .exe and game.(Well, not the original exe, "another" exe :D )

Never I have used no emulator, and i need some information about your favorites. Or what way you play with ufo? Dos emulator in Xp or 2k O.S ?

Thanks and sorry for my english! ( I believe that this phrase is going to be my firm :) )

Thanks by your answer.

In my first post, i spoke about the emulators of DOS because in other topis or threads, i have read information about this. I don't know, the more common, the most general way to play UFO in modern's PCs of the XCOM users.

I remember to have played XCOM UFO and TFTD in a Windows ME(which was based in 98 SO)but in XP SO, i never played yet in XP with a emulator.

For this, i am asking in forum for emulators.

:D

It's nearly impossible to get ahold of the Collector's Edition these days, and even if you are lucky to find one it is very expensive. The Dos versions on the other hand, are plentiful and don't cost anywhere near the CE price. And so far, I don't need to run the old DOS versions under emulation to get them to work either. Of course, I just may be lucky. :D

- Zombie

• 1 month later...

I must be old. I love the play the game at the speeds availible when it came out. DosBox is the perfect solution and it's the only option if your using Linux or Mac. (I supose Wine would be an option with CE) I still have a 350Mhz win98 machine but the game requires at-slow to run at the speed I like.

-Blade FireLight