Xcomutil and Dosbox

T-800

I run XCOM 1 and 2 on windows XP using DosBox, and it runs fine. However, there is a function with XComutil that allows Interceptors and Firestorms to carry troops, I tried using this function, but every time I went in with a Interceptor, it just crashed. Can anybody help me?

• 3 weeks later...
hmm...i don't think he's coming back...in anycase, i recommend MS virtual pc. it's free now, the only thing you need is windows 95/98 cd to install an OS. I find this is much easier than running DosBox. It also runs more smoothly, because it is a virtualiser, not an emulator.

Heh. I find running dosbox much more tolerable than a virtual pc + os install + argh. To each his own. (Incidentally, windows vista cheapest editions can't legally be run on a virtual pc, according to rumours.)

Sound running fine?

(That was my problem with Dune under the first vmware beta with original dos 6.22, *mumble* years ago)

Heh. I find running dosbox much more tolerable than a virtual pc + os install + argh.
The latest versions of Virtual PC (after M$ bought out Connectix) allow connecting to a physical CD-ROM or floppy, which simplifies things quite a bit compared to the Connectix versions.

Also, Virtual PC allows saving the total state of the virtual machine. I didn't quickly find any comparable functionality in VMWare's documentation, which sealed my choice (some of the classic game studies I do require saving the total machine state).

Heh. I find running dosbox much more tolerable than a virtual pc + os install + argh.
The latest versions of Virtual PC (after M$ bought out Connectix) allow connecting to a physical CD-ROM or floppy, which simplifies things quite a bit compared to the Connectix versions.

Also, Virtual PC allows saving the total state of the virtual machine. I didn't quickly find any comparable functionality in VMWare's documentation, which sealed my choice (some of the classic game studies I do require saving the total machine state).

Save state in Vmware? Easy. Press the big "suspend" button! (or equivalent shortcut) :D

And connecting to physical floppies and cdrom-drives have worked since the very first vmware beta.

Dosbox mostly just works, though, which is good. :)

And ... no MS Virtual PC on Linux. Which is a good thing.