Scale of Conflict

Skonar

to quote an example, how can US lose in vietnam? (no offense to US or vietnam)

as a game, it is more fun to start as underdog, slowly gaining strength, then beat the big guy on their turf.

scaling is not so realistic . the funding are too little and conventional weapons cost too much! rifle cost thousands? is it gold plated?

i think alien avoid sending too many UFO and avoid too much battles because E115 based propulsion and weapon discharge will harm earth's enviroment. AW2 found out this, right? so no more E115 based tech.

alas it is too late. the enviroment is harmed. only a handful of cities left in apoc. in a way we lost the war strategically. imagine all of our population reduced to a few cities....

Yeah but when it came to the Apoc timeline, it wasn't just environmental reasons people left, E-155 changed the way they looked at propulsion and that started colonization efforts - and I don't believe that it caused enviromental problems (but I could be wrong). To my understanding, the using up of most of the elerium between the 1st and 2nd wars kicked this off. They first found more eleirum in the Mars base, and that led them to the frontier in the other games that came out where apparently they did find ways to mine it and replenish what they needed from the frontier and shipping it back.

As for the city represented in Apoc, I think Mega Primus or whatever it was called was the only mega city with plans for more if this experiment had worked.

Your absolutely right though that the funding levels were skewed too low for what they were about and what their mission was in the original game's time frame. I imagined their funding level to be not too far off from say, what NASA gets - and that's already a fairly underfunded enterprise by most other program standards in use. Realistically they'd probably get a little more because it was internationally funded, not a U.S. led operation.