Problem running XcomUtil in DOSBox on OS X

derrickec

I'm running DOSBox .65 on OS/X 10.3.9, and I'm pretty sure I have the X-Com version with the difficulty bug (I have CE but cannot get it to run on my Mac). Downloaded XcomUtil and tried to install it. I get this error message.

Error executing XCOMUTIL, aborting XCUSETUP

I checked the xcusetup.bat file to figure out what would trigger that error message, but could only figure out it was called "errorlevel 1," which I assume is specified within xcomutil.exe .

Any experienced users who can help me out on this one? I have everything in the right directories, and I searched extensively for this error msg on the forums, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Do I have to have windows, is that the problem?

The "if errorlevel X" commands in XcuSetup are to control the flow of the process or to evaluate your input responses to the questions it asks. However, the specific message you are getting indicates that XcomUtil either cannot find or cannot write to \ufoexe\geoscape.exe. Check to ensure that the file exists and that it is not set as read-only (if you copied Xcom from a CD, the files will default to read-only.)

I don't really use OSX much, and have never tried DOSBox on OSX...the problem could be in your setup there...check out the DOSBox website/forums to see if you can find an answer there.

Azure