Dirty tricks.

10of40

This may or may not be regarded a dirty trick, but the visual is greusom. I've occationally subdued and alien like a sectoid or whatever. And while it was unconcious drop a grenade on top of him. But I'd set the timer of a round or two. So of course when the alien wakes up and goes to walk away...BOOM!!

Anyone get the number of that truck? :devil:

Any 'unconcious' units, no matter how tough they are, can be killed instantly with any explosive weapons - including but not limited to grenades and cannon HE shells. So in TFTD, you can kill the mighty lobstermen with a measly magna-blast grenade, or in UFO you can kill Mutons or sectopods with a grenade. (in the case of the sectopod, it's technically out of the battle once it's stunned, but it never hurts to be absolutely sure, eh?)

So if the unit has a melee attack, it's probably best to detonate your grenade as quickly as you can - after removing any useful equipment from the blast area.

I've already mentioned this somewhere else, but I thought I'd mention it again for the benefit of those that missed it or cannot be bothered to search for it. :D

- NKF

edit: No Kitat, it wasn't in reference to your post. I was just interjecting the note for the heck of it. :D

What?! No! Shoot 'em till they scream! https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/killcrazed.gif

But anyway. A very nasty (and funny) Apoc tactic (it's the UFO section, so sue me) is in the hydro farms. Shoot random pillers to watch it rain aliens. Fwahaha! https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Play the game La Femme Nikita Style and use abayence operatives.

With this, you play in the style of Section 1 where you find the weediest, most pathetic soldiers/aquanauts and make them hold some detpacks/alien grenades and put a few in their belt/backpack for good measure and send them in to an alien hideout.

I know this is the same as the suicide bomber but it emphasises that you don't want to suicide you best people (or with most potential)

You can find the people with low bravery, low psionic potantial etc and change their name to Abayence-1, Abayence-2 etc and only send them on missions where they will probably not come back

Come on people, you must be ruthless to win this game! :devil: :devil: :devil:

:D:ninja::D

U'd think they'd notive somnething when they were given no armour or weapons just as many armed grenades as they could carry :D

Still my favourite tactic is to sit all of your troops inside for a couple of turns to give the aliens time 2 spread around and send out a spotter. Every tiume u spot one mc him then march all of them into the abbotoir...I mean your ship, into teh waiting arms of your aquanauts,

(It helps the ppl that have to get the equipment after a mission I spose)

Then again, fun with proximity grenades. When there are several aliens (or you are simply close to the base control centre) throw a proximity grenade or two (or throw them at several points en-route) and draw the aliens close to the grenade. In a floater base, by the 2nd detonation, some of them were already starting to panic