Xcom Apoc and Mouse

Guest nightshade2

Guest nightshade2

Normally my apocalppse game wont even get to the install screen on my comp.

SO i was pretty stoked when it installed on my flatmates computer.

However when i get in game, from selecting a difficulty screen and onwards the mouse starts acting up, it will only move in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Its like i've reached the edge of the screen while its still in the bottom right hand corner somehow.

Any suggestions?

Guest nightshade2

Hhmm, downloaded it but its still not working.

The readme mentions changing some parameters but reading it makes my eyes glaze over, how do i make it work in laymans terms?

Run doesn't do anything and Dos windows don't let you type? You need to reinstall Windows.

But before you do that, I'll give you one last option. Download the attached archive and extract it into your game directory. Double click xcomapoc.bat and see what happens.

If you find the mouse moves too slow, right click the .bat file and select edit from the context menu. It'll open up in notepad. Change the "1 1" to a higher value, save the file, then run it again. On my machine I use "8 8".

XCom3_Mouse2kv.zip

hhmm Running the v2k program in comp[atability for Win95 made it work somehow :/

Thanks for the help

Does not having sounds matter too much

*EDIT*

:S

I thought it was working there, on the main screen it will workj untill i move the mouse to the bottom right hand corner somehow but once it goes down there it wont go back down.

• 2 months later...
Usually about halfway down the screen then it stops.

I have exactly the same problem! Apoc wont install on my computer, but used a laptop and it works fine! Then....mouse problems! Funny thing is, apart from the geoscope (Where i just got used to using the arrow keys) the mouse worked fine.

Then...I got back off holiday, and the mouse plays up in exactly the way you described! Tried re-installing Apoc, but no luck! The weird thing is that it worked before!!!