XCom exists!

The Veteran

I can'#t believe I'm opening a fifth topic in one night but hey, I haven't opened any in such a long time it's about time I did!

I found this in another internet search for XCom things and it's interesting to say the least! It's a website dedicated to 'XCOM:Photon cross sections database' You make what you want out of it, here's the link...

XCom:Photon cross sections database

• 4 years later...

I was going to create a new thread but happened across this old one. Lucky! Anyhow, one of the perks of surfing the net looking for X-COM related sites is that you eventually see a few non-X-COM sites as well. This is the list I came up with:

• X-COM "T" Operator Chair: For the man who has everything, this is a great gift giving idea for the holiday season. That's right, a big-boy remote control. Well, sort of. Technically not a chair but a console, this is a device used for operating cranes or booms remotely and safely on the ground. I have seen similar remotes used before but nothing was this complex. Reverse-engineering of an alien artifact? You be the judge.

• X-COM Systems: A poor man's Transmission Resolver. Really though, it's a company which specializes in advanced military surveillance/communication hardware and software used by the US Navy. Can you say "Terror From The Deep"?

• XCom Digital Communications: Offers advertising, which is a big no-no for X-COM.

• X-COM 2.75: Secure instant messaging system. You gotta wonder if the encryption levels are secure enough for X-COM use.

• WAGO X-COM System: Todays newer earth/trash compactors (aka "steamrollers") require cutting edge electronic circuitry and connectors. X-COM operatives have known of this company for years as compactors are a necessary part in getting rid of the spoils of base construction.

• APEX band: Not too sure how this German band decided on the enemyunknown.com website. Perhaps they are ex (or future) X-COM operatives.

• NIST XCOM: Photon Cross Sections Database: I couldn't leave this one out which The Veteran mentioned years ago. Basically, it is a database constructed by the National Institute of Science and Technology consisting of the wavelenghts of gamma or x-rays absorbed or scattered by elements or compounds. I wonder if Elerium-115 is in there?

• UFO Defense Tactics, Weather Shield to Chemtrails: This is a book which looks "into the theory that the government has learned how to manipulate weather patterns in high security areas to prevent any UFO intelligence from scanning our defenses or sensitive military operations". Finally, proof at last!

• X-COM ICT Solutions: A Dutch company with the goal of providing marketing and "Effective Media Solutions". Supposedly this is a cover company which takes the heat off of X-COM activity.

• https://www.xcom.com/: One of those sites which exists simply to advertise. Nothing hidden here. Or is there?

• XCOM AG (also https://www.xcom.tv/index.php): Ever wanted to know how funds are channeled to and from a covert operation? Well, XCOM AG (German company) provides everything a savvy base commander needs in terms of eBusiness, eCommerce and eBanking.

• XCOM Group, LLC: Another eCommerce website.

• CA-XCOM: A company which deals with data transfer and file sharing. Zip up that Laser Rifle research report and send the blueprints to the engineers for production over the internal network. Handy-ish.

• British Enemy Unknown Band: Another band? EU seems to be very popular for some reason...

• Digital Pine: Have no idea what this site does, but something is happening this year yet.

• Xcom-Systems: Telecommunications website but all the links seem to be dead. I wonder.

• XCOM Avionics: Obviously, this is what gets all X-COM craft off the ground.

• X-COM SETI: As if we need more proof of aliens, this is the official X-COM Seti Teams page. They haven't done much searching in the recent past. Do they know something we don't?

NKF's link to that X-COM Wireless Site is now one of those placeholder address in which a company buys a domain name and then resells it for profit (in this case $70.00). However, https://www.xcomwireless.net/ exists and is a legit company. So there you go. That's basically everything out there in terms of X-COM, XCOM, Enemy Unknown or UFO Defense. Of course, some of the sites above were found via a domain registry search but a majority I just stumbled across. :oh:

- Zombie

[*] NIST XCOM: Photon Cross Sections Database: I couldn't leave this one out which The Veteran mentioned years ago. Basically, it is a database constructed by the National Institute of Science and Technology consisting of the wavelenghts of gamma or x-rays absorbed or scattered by elements or compounds. I wonder if Elerium-115 is in there?
Hmm...would help to know what 115 referred to.

Atomic numbers: 114 and 116 have been reported; 115 has not been as of Oct. 2007 (when I last did a detailed sift for other reasons). Of course, Elerium-115 would be classified, so might not make normal publications.

If it's atomic weight or neutron count, it may be concealed in https://www.nndc.bnl.gov/nudat2/ .

115 refers to Atomic Number or the number of protons.

Don't know what source you are drawing from, but I re-reported the "discovery" of element 115 at this site way back in March 2004. This discovery was published in 2 separate science magazines as well as a chemistry periodical. I recently heard that 118 was synthesized and the wiki backs this up saying that only 117 is missing. :oh:

- Zombie

115 refers to Atomic Number or the number of protons.

Don't know what source you are drawing from, but I re-reported the "discovery" of element 115 at this site way back in March 2004. This discovery was published in 2 separate science magazines as well as a chemistry periodical. I recently heard that 118 was synthesized and the wiki backs this up saying that only 117 is missing. :oh:

- Zombie

International Union of Practical And Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and NIST. Oct. 2007 because that's when I did a deep dive (re-exhausting NIST and working back through 2002 for IUPAC).

They need multiple finds at multiple labs before adjusting the tables.

Aye, in order for a new element to be considered, it has to be synthesized by others. And that's where the problem lies, as there aren't enough colliders to go around and few teams to conduct the experiment. In fact, that's one of the reasons why the Americans and Russians collaborated with each other.

BTW, the "P" in IUPAC stands for "Pure" not "Practical". As a chem major, that was the first abbreviation we had to learn. :oh:

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...

Element 115 is one of those briefly created elements that last for only a faction of a second. Key UFO lore is that Lazar claimed that aliens used it to power there craft and on a side note in the realm of atomic stability element 115 is suppose to fall in a theoretical island of atomic stability. (basiclly with the proper neutron load an element with 115 protons can possible become stable enough to not breakdown instantly). UFO (x-com) took a few of the common ufo lore such as element 115, grays, cydonia, etc changed the names and made it part of the x-com world.

Bored at work and found this post. Also shocked to see a post i made on this forum about trying to destroy an arms factory in x-com apoc from 4 years back lol.

• 3 months later...

Speaking of Bob Lazar, I was watching TV last year sometime and saw a show which talked about his company named United Nuclear which is basically a scientific supply outlet. He apparently got into some hot water when the US Consumer Product Safety Commission heard he was selling components used for the production of fireworks. That's a big no-no and he had to face the consequences:

The first startling thing Joy White saw out of her bedroom window was a man running toward her door with an M16. White