Mission Log

BubbleLabby

(start log)

Three bases are in London, Paris, and somewhere near south Poland. Near the end of the month, the aliens swarmed the regions. Two battleships began to converge on a spot near Paris. The local bases were too busy to deal with smaller ships so Tokyo and New York both sent emergency teams to the spot. After some fierced battles that ended with much destructions, our teams brought back what was left of the UFOs. Unfortunately, we could not prevent the aliens from building a new base near Paris. A few days later, we lost funding from the UK.

(end log)

(personal log) Why we don't lost Canada :hmmm: ? Perhaps, we only have to look at its funding.

https://www3.telus.net/batubc/canflg.jpg

:( and :(

Reference: Dolighan. www.dolighan.com

BL.

Probably not that many cities to terrorize in Canada.

If you have have psionics raid the base several times a day. Leave only one alien alive (mind controled of course). Take all the blaster bombs, heavy plasmas and elerium then abort. Can get about 400 pts each time you attack the base. Also attack the supply ships that land there. When the aliens start to retaliate they bring blasters and heavy plasmas and you get to sell those without having to carry them away. You could probably make 10 million a day like this. Think of it as supplimenting Canada's allotment for X-Com.

I usually attack a base with 5 soldiers. I guess I have to bring more soldiers to carry all the stuffs back to the landing areas. I have a lot of money from doing regular raids to the ships that landed at an alien base near Cairo. I am still waiting for a retailiation from the aliens.

Well, I meant to ask other members to post their interesting missions here. It is too late to edit my topic. But, thx for the tips.

BL.

I usually bring 6 six on base attacks. I like to bring the strongest and fast soldiers that I have (at least 50 strength and 70 TU's). Also bring two guys with psi-amps and give them the blaster launchers with 5 rounds each (don't need to get the blaster guy MC'ed, very dangerous :( ). The rest spot aliens then 'execute' them when I am done MC'ing them. They can usually carry 3 heavy plasmas or a heavy plasma and a blaster with 4 bombs. I don't bother with the corpse's unless I stun an alien. If however it is an Ethereal base; I just nuke the command center and get out fast. This can possibly be done with two blaster bombs on the first turn. :devil:

Gotta love those Ethereal missions:

1. Had them attack one of my bases. I took up firing positions in the halls around the access lift send out man, shoot, then hide. Managed to last about 15 turns with a squad of about 10 rookies. During the course of the battle, I managed to kill about 8 Ethereals and a Sectopod. After a while I had 4 guys left, two were one building in front of the lift and the other two were snipers with heavy lasers to the left and right. Two blasters fired killing the two snipers (same turn). One of the others was killed the next turn. One guy left. He goes where one of the snipers was find an Ethereal with a blaster, kills him, takes his gun, and hides in HWP closet. Holds off Ethereals until he's out of ammo. Walks out a room with laser rifle, is face to face with Ethereal. Can't be killed in that turn, so he goes back in HWP room. Next turn two Ethereals. Again he is unable to get a kill. Ethereal follows him inside and the other uses mind control. Mission over.

2. Had a terror mission. No HWP's managed to lose 10 guys. All of the aliens and civilians were in the opposite corner as the Skyranger. I had no psi-ability and 4 blaster bombs. The rest of the squad had laser rifles. Got about half way across the map with no aliens spoted (hearing civilian death screams the whole time). Had a few Ethereals snipe at my guys. Fired blasters until I was out (killed 2 Ethereals and a civilian) A Sectopod was at the gas pumps; fired until 2 guys ran out of TU's. Sectopod dies. Ethereal steps out of building kills the two who attacked the Sectopod. A Colonel on the transport is mind controled. She kills two and is killed by return fire. Had 5 Ethereals and a Sectopod left near one of the buildings in the corner. Managed to take out three of the Ethereals at long range. Got the other two with prox. grenades. Sectopod was hiding behind a wooden fence. Had about 9 men throwing grenades on it; they ran out. Lost 5 men gunning down that one Sectopod. Left me with 4 guys.

And Mutons can really be a pain:

3. This is sorta a repeat of the Ethereal terror mission, except that it was a medium scout with about 9 mutons. :( All I had on this mission were 5 laser rifles, 2 standard rifles, 3 heavy cannons, 2 auto cannons, and 2 laser pistols; and only 4 or 5 guys had personal armour. But the good news is that I had about 50 grenades. :devil: :(;)

Covered the whole map and only found 1 muton; the rest were in the UFO and in a building just on the other side of it. One of them was on top of the building so I threw a HE charge at his feet. BOOM! Roof is gone but the alien goes down the stairs and shows up a few turns later out side. I kill him. Then approach the UFO another alien fires from the same building kills 2 of my guys. I return fire with an auto cannon and after a few turns the building is gone. Muton panics, I shoot him many times, he passes out.

I spent the next 30 turns waiting on the Mutons to come out. Throwing several HE charges at back of UFO to try and flush them out and get them to walk into prox. grenade trap, but to no evail. Finally, I send in a rookie. She is confronted by 5 mutons who open fire when the door is opened. Then they all come out at once and my 8 man reaction fire team is overwealmed. 7 of them are killed in just a few turns so I sent reinforcements from the Skyranger. Managed to kill them evenually, but the mission would not end. It turns out that there was another Muton in that building and he killed 2 more of my guys. I managed to kill him and I got out of there with 3 men left but 2 of them were seriously wounded and were out of action for over a month.

He's a photo of my base asault squad.

https://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/jgodwin/shot0003.gif

4 Ethereal bases destroyed; Sectoid base raided a dozen times and they are all still here. :devil:

Edit: And my inventory

https://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/jgodwin/shot0000.gif