Base buildings not allow me to build

djhoerauf

I cant seem to build any thing on my base. i have loads of property surplus, i have the prerequsits but i cant seem to get them to build, its actually making me very grumpy. any suggestions?

I can build like one or two things per base but nothing beyond even though i have them showing up as availablle i also have lots of knowledge so its not that...

any base mod cheats that have them all filled up or any work around this?

can i ask then what do most people do? do you demolish buildings when better ones come up and when?

Do you make one base have high manufacturing & another be all research, does it matter??

should each base have some defense? I have not played to long into it to know if bases get attacked very often

I generally only demolish buildings when they are no longer useful, or if I really need the space for something else of higher priority.

It doesn't matter what labs or factories are in which bases, so long as the base has a high enough knowledge level to support that building. I tend to put a lot of the same type of lab/factory in the same base so that it makes it easier for me to find. However, that has the potential to be bad if you make a mistake and allow that base to be captured. Spreading out is safer.

A high knowledge level protects a base against Cultist propaganda (ie: suddenly losing a base because the population are 'converted' into Cultists). There is no sure way to protect a base against attack. The best defense is to always have enough of your soldiers healthy that you can send a squad on a help mission to repel the attack.

I generally only demolish buildings when they are no longer useful, or if I really need the space for something else of higher priority.

It doesn't matter what labs or factories are in which bases, so long as the base has a high enough knowledge level to support that building. I tend to put a lot of the same type of lab/factory in the same base so that it makes it easier for me to find. However, that has the potential to be bad if you make a mistake and allow that base to be captured. Spreading out is safer.

A high knowledge level protects a base against Cultist propaganda (ie: suddenly losing a base because the population are 'converted' into Cultists). There is no sure way to protect a base against attack. The best defense is to always have enough of your soldiers healthy that you can send a squad on a help mission to repel the attack.

Also, when you can, build up the Knowledge of bases that produce the type of resourses you need

I got a base that is just colleges, so it improves the amount of Alien resourses I pull in

(you need to build a school, to build a college, but once you have 2 colleges you can knock down the school and then replace it with a college and so on)

that is a good mod for the base size and SW's mod is a must have

• 11 months later...

I see in game that you need a track running to a base before you can build but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make one! I have 4 bases and only the main one is doing anything so far. haha

Thanks in advance

Edit: should have played around another few minutes. I figured it out!

There is a mod that expands all non-seaport bases to a capacity of five buildings.

Pardon my hijacking this thread. But, where can this mod be found? I've looked all over this site, and even tried on google. So either I'm just missing it or something. Could someone perhaps give me a link or point in the right direction? :)