I'm nearing the end...

BreakMage

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are the best. lol. The chatter on this board is quite nostalgically relaxing.

i'm STARTINg IT up AgAIn , i can't believe it. Haven't played in two years... and now it's 1998 all over again.

Hey, anyone else go throught the tops of the battleships via flying suit and blaster bong. ?

Any one else get pissed off when you accidentally blow away the ufo power source? or spoil several corpses .. i hate that lol. I also hate it when i run around the entire map looking for a panicked sectoid, and it ends up inside the avenger.

Ha ha, never leave holes in your lines! Aliens can't sneak up on you that way.

But I have never entered the top of a UFO with a blaster BONG, although I was thinking of making a hippie stoner squad... maybe they could use it :( I do actually drop in through the roof on occasion, especially if somehow the leader in the command center is nagging me with psi. Drop in, pop, hop out.

My first time I beat the game was about 6 years ago, I was 12. Took me about a month I think. I would do nothing but wake up, go to school, x-com for 6 hours, go to bed, repeat. I think I went to Cydonia in June of 2002. 2 and 1/2 years game time. I've done it in 5 months, playing realistically, not going all out to go to cydonia. My current game I'm going for complete Earth superiority, meaning fill up all base slots, make a crapload of money, and never let the aliens fly around unmolested.

I remember my first cydonia assault. I did very well on the surface, it was basically just a sectoid battleship fight, except in a new environment. When I went into the second part, I started getting slaughtered. The mixed races had me confused, because I saw Ethereals at first, and didn't think I'd have to watch out for Chryssalids too. :crazy: WRONG. Bam, my ranks started thinning out when the first Chryss zombified two of my guys. From then it was just a dash for the brain. In the final turn, under fire from the Ethereal guards, I finally snapped off a plasma shot at the brain and it hit, and I won. I pretty much was the happiest 12 year old alive then. The end sequence was such a treat.

Anyways, I hope your experience was as good as mine BreakMage! Good luck with the final assault! ::tries to think of an X-COM tagline to say:: You know, we don't have any taglines! X-COM needs one!

No i definitely meant blaster - bong... you know, the one that summons a giant mushroom and puts everything asleep within a 100' radius? :(

Actually , there isn't a better name for it really. Blaster Bomb pretty much sums it up right there.

• 1 month later...