AddMod and v1.1

Akmatov

Just noticed something read one of the posts below.

I have SS Gold, which is v1.1.

I have never been able to get AddMod and mods to work.

Do you guys think upgrading to v1.2 might enable AddMod so I can mod SS?

It would be nice to fix the silly grenade range!

1) Please describe your problem more detail.

2) Some mods can't works properly after adding it to game save with AddMod. In common case you need to use in-game menu and start new game.

Thank you very much for appearing. This goes back to before Christmas when I was trying to get AddMod to work so I might be a bit fuzzy on the detail, but I think I've got it straight.

I have the version sold in the US, I think it is v1.1. I installed AddMod. So far no problem. Then I added the 'Grenade Range Increase'. Started the game and suddenly there are no grenades in the game! I tried this with an ongoing game, ie with saved games - here the grenades disappeared from my soldiers inventory and the base supply. I am almost sure I had the same experience with a clean new install.

Later I discovered the in-game menu, custom game?, method. I had the same results there also.

I also tried the 'Easier Medical and Engineering Items' Mod. The caused the game to crash - I forget the details of just when and what was involved in the crash, I think I remember it going to a blank screen.

I like SS a lot and I like to maybe try my hand at modding, but if I can't even load mods known to work, it seems kind of pointless.

And advise on how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Considering the hours I've wasted trying to get things to work with SS, I have no problem asking and hoping to benefit from others experiences. Do you have a problem with that?

Nope. I just think it would be easier for us all if you tried things yourself first and THEN came to ask people for advice. Or at least mention what you've already tried to do to solve the problem, because by that way it would be easier for the helping people to pinpoint what's wrong and get your problems solved more quickly.