How can they *SPOIL* the game :cry:

Ruble

hi all

I guess this is not really new news, but I was so disappointed with ufoas, I feel I must scream out!!, for this was really very bad done work as a strategy game (like a chess). Ooohh no the enemy can do what every they want, while I must follow some rule in the game. This time they have spoiled completely, WHY WHY, they can so much better then that! Have they forgotten already how to make strategy game?? :(

hi all

I guess this is not really new news, but I was so disappointed with ufoas, I feel I must scream out!!, for this was really very bad done work as a strategy game (like a chess). Ooohh no the enemy can do what every they want, while I must follow some rule in the game. This time they have spoiled completely, WHY WHY, they can so much better then that! Have they forgotten already how to make strategy game?? :(

Err... what exactly are you talking about? I don't understand.

The AI has to cheat in order to even pose a threat to a human player. That's been established in squad-based strategy games since the beginning.

yes some degree, but not the basic/generel rules, and not that distinct in the face to a player. Like other strategy game (like civilization) they have some rule and not so distinct to cheat (not follow the rule). But hi thats only me thinking like that (after have played over and over again to find a way to take a enemy (play those 2 month over and over again and tell me you diden't see what the enemy done to your base/province)), you guys do not think like that??, I guess. I have played all X-Com/UFO games and have not experience like I have with this time (UFOAS). Have FUN guys. :lovetammy:

yup now you got it! :lovetammy:

yes, but the hassle is, that is not a Cheat, it is a game play issue, there has to be at least one Cult base in the world for the game to work right, so if you take all of the Cult Bases, it will take some back

I got stuck by that for bit, then let the Cult have LA (it just seemed like the thing to do, they fit so well)

now, I just get the odd Wargot/Cult raid, or a Starghost raid (them things are strange)

still waiting to take out the Wargot ship

It's very hard to wipe out a religious movement through military action at the best of times, but in this case there is an additional difficulty throughut the game that your scientists only figure out just before the end.

The game will provide an explanation as to why the Cultists keep respawning, but you have to keep playing.

**** CLUE/SPOILER ALERT ****

It will also explain why the Cultists and the Wargots formed their alliance.

yes, but the hassle is, that is not a Cheat, it is a game play issue, there has to be at least one Cult base in the world for the game to work right, so if you take all of the Cult Bases, it will take some back

I got stuck by that for bit, then let the Cult have LA (it just seemed like the thing to do, they fit so well)

now, I just get the odd Wargot/Cult raid, or a Starghost raid (them things are strange)

still waiting to take out the Wargot ship

As you say, the cult must have one base, and they can follow the rules too, with out just take a base. What's the point to build a building if that is just rubbish. That's why we have a rule, it's like a read a book and your friend tell you what gonna end, that's a spoil to read the book as to play the game. The foe can take many province/territorie as they can, if you let them (dev team).

I have played X-Com; enemy unknown, Terror from the deep, apocalypse, Interceptor, from MicroProse and of course ufo; Aftermath, from cenega (if I got that right). And those game I diden't feel the game ai did cheat. But this time it is. Maybe they forgotten to do the better work about the ai, or they just give a damn.

You known, what I like most of all x-com series is to play enemy unknown and terror from the deep. Those is still best of all of ufos. It's sadly noe one can make an upgrade of the game.