Hello again!

sigget

Hi again old friends!

Just thought i'd check in and see whats new in the forums. I havent tried AS yet and was wondering whats happening on the modding front. From my quick look on the latest topics i learned that they're still using the .vfs-format. No need for any new tools from me then i guess.

I hear ALTAR has started a modding team that they'll support with tips and documentation, very good news indeed. Any news from them on their progress?

:(

Happy X-mas from sigget!

Hi sigget! :(

Good to see you back! I tried sending you an e-mail some time ago, but your inbox were full I think.

The modding team has had some progress, but they could sure use your expertise. There's someone working on a model exporter for Maya, but he has some trouble. Anyway, if you have the time, do join the modding task force!

As for modding, there's been some small mods, and ShadoWarriors very nice Rebalance job. They suffer from having no way to make new models however, and the modding community at this site hasn't been too active (yet I hope ;)).

Anyway, you should give Aftershock a go. I think it's quite an improvement over Aftermath, and it has many nice innovations.

Besides that, I hope everything is well?

Welcome back!

You really do need to get and play Aftershock. I think you'll like it quite a bit. Especially with my mod. (shameless plug)

You also should send an email to Martin and ask to join the "official" modding team. That'll let you see what's going on (or not) with modeling, where there's a critical need for people who have a clue about such things.

My mail account was closed due to inactivity. Guess everything bounced.

Everything is great with me, i finally found full-time employment as a programmer. So i dont have much spare-time over for projects. But i suppose i could still sign up for the modding team. I work with databases daily and have written code for reading excel spreadsheets in the past. There's surely someone of the other modders with great ideas that could use a hand or a useful utility or two. As you know from my track record im not really a moder myself but do enjoy writing tools for modding.

Suppose you might be seeing more of me in the near future! :(