Worth getting 1.2 patch?

Kirby

Hello all!!

Is it worth getting the new patch if you haven't had any problems with the game?

Are there any game-play improvements included in the patch? Like almost everbody on this forum, the graphics start chugging when there are explosions or if the rag doll physics are in use. Any fixes for this yet?

Thanks!!

Nah, I don't 'think it fixes any of the rag doll stuff or explosion slowdowns. However, it does make a couple of game balance tweaks and fixes for issues that would be annoying if you wanted to use that aspect of the game.

Remember Altar, not all of us have computers with dedicated PPUs (Physics Processing Units) :(

• 3 weeks later...
I'm about to get UFO: Aftershock and I am wondering, once I get it, I suppose Patch 1.2 is a must, besides that, is there any mod that is also worth getting? I mean, one that fixes something the patches haven't, etc? (I don't want any "100 new weapons" mod or anything, just mods that would fix something the patches haven't).

is there any mod that is also worth getting? I mean, one that fixes something the patches haven't, etc? (I don't want any "100 new weapons" mod or anything, just mods that would fix something the patches haven't).

Well, my mod isn't quite up to 100 items (including weapons) yet, just 76. :lovetammy:

I'd recommend the Skip Intro mod, the GUI mod, the Militia mod, and the Challenge mod.

BTW, are we ever going to see Xenocide? I've been following the glacial progress on it since 2002.

I think that'd be offtopic?

Anyway, Xenocide is done in our spare time, and most specially the programmers are all very busy people, so 'glacial' is not how I'd describe it, I'd say it's progressing quite well considering this is only done on people's free time, our small amount of programmers for such a task, and the busy our (talented) programmers are.

So, short answer, you'll see it when it's done, should you want to volunteer to help it progress faster, you're most welcome :lovetammy: