Brilliant 'RandomStorm Mod' but weird problems

sniggles

Hi fellow gamers,

My first post on this forum after recently discovering how amazing Silent Storm Sentinels is.

The only real serious problem with the game was the lack of variety and challenge with the randomly generated skirmishes.

That has been fixed by the wonderful Komik with his brilliant RandomStorm Mod but i am getting some weird problems and wonder if anyone else is having similar effects.

The actual skirmish battles are great and run perfectly on my PC - but i am getting problems in Germany.

When i encounter a random battle it sometimes goes to a large bombed out city map with no enemies. The intro screen for this problem map is a bomber plane flying into the sunset. Sometimes the battle map loads with ony a few feet square patch of ground floating in space.

Don't know if this is a common bug - but it is not that bad and the mod still works. Just wonder if it can be fixed.

I have the latest RandomStorm 'final' version from the Komik mirror and my Sentinels game is patched up to 1.1. Maybe the mod was made before the patch and is not compatable.

I have re-installed the game and played it extensively with the 1.1 patch and no mod and the game plays fine. It is only when i put the RandomStorm Mod in that i immediately get these random problems with encounters in Germany.

Anyone had a similar experience? Or know what might be going wrong?

• 6 months later...
I get the same thing. Its keeping me from doing the bank mission :)

You can always remove RSmod from your current game save with S3AddMod tool (very handy Novik's program when playing with mods). Then load chapter or global map screen and seek & do the bank robbery storm in the Germany chapter.

Oh, and thank you for playing my mod. ;)