Not sure if this game is worth the time

HARD_Sarge

made my first try at the game, thought I was doing good enough but running out of resourses, and then everything I tried to construt got stopped due to resourses running out and I would have to demo them, and try again

either I am totally screwed up in the rules or the game makes no sense

you need to build tracks to have the bases work, but building tracks to nothing but new bases, costs more then you are getting in return (which I don't understand, the 3 types, why do I run out of the 1st and 3rd, yet have a very large stock pile of the 2nd ?)

time in the game don't make much sense either, I can fly to NY, take a province, fly back and fight a battle in Moscow, then drop down to Morroco and fight another battle, and still have half the time to wait to build "one" Grenade

also seems like you can take over most of Eruope in less time then it takes to reseach something simple

I am in my 2nd game, was doing even better or so I thought, I am in the count down for the ship to come, but haven't done anything for 5-6 days, but fight some battles, as I have no resourses, so reseach and builds are screwed, i have had a Psi Lab, builting twice, but stoped at 93 and 72%

sooooo

we either need some guides on how to play with the resourses for dummies

a mod to lower the cost/drain on resourses

or a mod to add Resourses to the battle results

just in case, I am using

rebalance mod 2.13

exp mod

patched to 1.1

Build at least one school in a base as well, though the buildings mod makes that work a bit more easily given it ups the Knowledge production and allows you to have a college without needing anything to support it. Also, focus on Europe, particularly on coastal bases in Europe, since you can use one sea track to connect that base to another, and once you've got the surrounding territories, you've automatically got enough minor tracks to bring the resources in without losing any from having maintenance on them.

Thanks for the replies

the guide I found from Avenger , showed me what i was doing wrong

(LOL I thought I was setting up the least amount of tracks !!!)

restarted another one and I now have some 4000 low tech (have traded over 2000 High tech to the Cyborgs)(did have to ask the Psi for some Allen though)

LOL figures, got the worse group of starting Troops in any of my games so far !!!

Got a good chunk of Eruope, Spain and England, got a sea lane up and running

game is much more fun when you can do something