Hello.

Kemuri

Hello.

I've been visiting your forums lately without registering, and I've finally decided to join up. I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure how active I'd be, but I've noticed that I've come here enough to quit being a lurker.

Anyway, I just want to say that I'm disgusted by X-Com 2's graphics. It's like they went color blind when making the game. It has way too much contrast for my tastes. And the Aquanauts are ULTRA fugly. How did humanity get so ugly so fast? It's only been 40 years! Now I can only speak for myself, but there's just something about UFO's color scheme that I prefer.

Needless to say, I plan on changing some of the graphics for TFTD, namely those unsightly aquanauts. If anyone's interested, I'll announce when I'm done. Any help or suggestions are, of course, welcome.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. - You guys rock. :tank: <= (Obligatory compliment)

Hey, the aquatoids came to earth a couple of million years before the sectoids did. They have a right to wear their beards (or tentacle beards I think) with pride. It's surprising they weren't forced to fight you while carrying walking sticks! Their slimy complexion and the slightly transclucent eyes and red eyeballs can be attributed to having to spend a couple of million years in stasis under water. The sectoids obviously have had a bit of a chance to shave and get a nice tan before coming here. :tank:

- NKF

I don't think the red eyes came from the cryo-stasis, I'm sure they've stolen Clear Eyes on one of their raids. No, that's caused by salt water in their eyes. Nasty stuff. What I want to know is why the Hallucinoid's tentacles were clipped. Did it slap it's masters too much?

I was thinking more along the lines of how deep sea fish develop bulbous eyes, as T'Leth did sink to the bottom of the Mexican gulf. Some deep sea fish also develop lights. Photo-thingummy, I forget the words. I was thinking it was the same case with the Aquatoid's eyes.

But I guess the salt water theory's good too. :tank:

And I'd like to know why they grew giant Nautilus and how they were able to teach them to float in the wrong direction. (I mean the Xarquids. A real nautilus propels itself backwards.)

- NKF

what u need is a UFO/TFTD forum to discuss differenced and comparisons. the old forum had UFO/TFTD both in one thread, but that was messy. maybe we should just may a comparisson forum or dissuccion on all the x-com games at once. but then thats what off topic is for. but off topic has no coun't towards you posting, so.......

:: rambles on ::