Graphics Card issues

Well,it seems that some of us are experiencing some strange effects in our UFO game,more noticably with the infra-red mode.Now this may be a problem with the patch on some systems,or it may be something more sinister and be a problem with our graphics cards!

Earlier tonight I experienced ANOTHER strange event,right after installing the latest Catalyst drivers for my Radeon X800 PRO.After installing them I went to play UFO straight away.I went to have a look at my squads and noticed that all their BASIC clothing had turned into a horrible display of multi colours :cool:

I thought this was never right so I rolled back to my previous driver and now all is fine again.So I can at least assume that the latest Catalyst drivers are not working correctly with this game.

The only fault I am having at the moment is with the infra-red mode,and I hope the next patch may address this issue.

If any of you want to see what I mean take a look in the 'screenshots' section,as I posted a few shots of the view mode in there.

*I wonder if I re-install the game again THEN install the patch it may cure it?* :)

Preda,let me know if you find out anything new on this IV issue,ok?.

Thanks.

Hello, P_Riley_UK.

I saw a topic in the official UFO: Aftershock forums regarding an user who had the exact same problem .

If I remember correctly, he also had an ATI X800, not sure if it was pro or something else.

My guess is that your card is fine, and those are driver or patch related problems :) .

I have an x800 XT Platinum Edition, and had some driver/patch issues before. The new AS patch seems to have sorted it though.

When you update your drivers, are you doing a complete clean driver install? It really helps if you do this (as in uninstalling the old drivers and wiping remaining registry keys etc)

I advise going right through this article here: https://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

It has every single thing possible to optimize your driver installation and drivers themselves.